posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Ghost and the Sea Wolf

However had Curtiz not been a total lubber like you he could have
told
the same story and made it much more to the liking of a true mariner
like Jack London.

Yeah, I'm sure Curtiz was truly interested in making The Sea Wolf
nautically correct for London, who'd been dead for 25 years. I'm also
sure that other directors like Curtiz never take artistic licence for
the film medium. I also suppose that movies/Star Trek like Star Wars,
Alien and most Sci fi classics are also poor since they are innacurate
in their depiction of space travel.
Dude, get a life.
I went sailing while you posted. Sailing again tomorrow, Saturday and
Sunday. Maybe you can download more dead children photos while we
sail!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 7, 7:20 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
[...]

Face it Rob, the movie, just like "through dead eyes" would have been
much better had the producer hired a decent director.

Oh and I'm so proud of you, you got to sail..Was it your first or
second time this year? You better race along on your long commute and
get all the sailing in while you can...3 mo and you will have to pull
Suzy's boat so it can hogg on the stands for 9 mo. of the year.

Glad you took the time to view the pictures..to bad the dead kids are
not as good as your kid and not worty of American help since Saddam
had no WMD's. Only a total asshole braindead retard would not see
those pictures as justification to liberate Iraq..That's you BTW.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Face it Rob, the movie, just like "through dead eyes" would have been
much better had the producer hired a decent director.

No, no. Let's just say that you believe Michael Curtiz is a poor
director and leave it at that. Truly!

Oh and I'm so proud of you, you got to sail..Was it your first or
second time this year?

2nd sail this week, plus going this evening, tomorrow night, Saturday
and Sunday. You did actually mean this week, didn't you? I also sailed
on three different boats this week. Did you sail that much?

Glad you took the time to view the pictures..to bad the dead kids
are
not as good as your kid and not worty of American help

Bush has killed many kids in the last few years, which is why he'll
eventually be charged with being a war criminal.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 7, 11:25 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Face it Rob, the movie, just like "through dead eyes" would have been
much better had the producer hired a decent director.

No, no. Let's just say that you believe Michael Curtiz is a poor
director and leave it at that. Truly!

He could have done a much better job with the Sea Wolf.
But for the average lubber like you, I guess it will be seen as a
realistic portrayal of a ship and crew at sea.. No wonder you're
afraid to sail offshore.

His artistic touch was a bit off on this one...I'm sure you can
relate.

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

He could have done a much better job with the Sea Wolf.
But for the average lubber like you, I guess it will be seen as a
realistic portrayal of a ship and crew at sea..

Yeah, you nailed it, Joe. You clearly understand the book and movie
since you were hoping for a reaslitic portrayal of a ship at sea and
didn't find one. Good work. We're all hoping you review John Huston's
Moby Dick next or as you'd title it, "Monster Whale vs. the Whalers."

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 7, 7:02 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
He could have done a much better job with the Sea Wolf.
But for the average lubber like you, I guess it will be seen as a
realistic portrayal of a ship and crew at sea..

Yeah, you nailed it, Joe. You clearly understand the book and movie
since you were hoping for a reaslitic portrayal of a ship at sea and
didn't find one. Good work. We're all hoping you review John Huston's
Moby Dick next or as you'd title it, "Monster Whale vs. the Whalers."

RB
35s5
NY

Who's we're all? Are you speaking for your puppets or what?
What I was looking for is a well told story with background and common
sence to match.

What you call artistic view is about the same thing they did with the
Perfect Storm. In trying to create an artistic mood they made the crew
and Skipper of the Andrea Dora look like a boat load of retards....but
the lubbers ate it up.

I guess if you are watching an artist versions of mariners it would
be better if you are an baffon lubber and not have a clue so you can
enjoy it and not be bothered by the glaring stupity...huh?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Who's we're all? Are you speaking for your puppets or what?

Joe, you believe that I have puppets here??? Okay.

What I was looking for is a well told story with background and
common
sence to match.

Curtiz work often reflected a stylistic approach that required some
imagination and cinematic education from the viewer.

What you call artistic view is about the same thing they did with
the
Perfect Storm. In trying to create an artistic mood they made the
crew
and Skipper of the Andrea Dora look like a boat load of
retards....but
the lubbers ate it up.

Who ate it up? The Perfect Storm was a dissapointment both
economically and critically. The Sea Wolf was popular on both fronts.

I guess if you are watching an artist versions of mariners it
would
be better if you are an baffon lubber and not have a clue so you can
enjoy it and not be bothered by the glaring stupity...huh?

Like I said, you never read the book, You have no idea how stupid you
sound. The Ghost is depicted in the movie much as it was in the book.
Curtiz pushed it further, but even in the book, "Unlike other ships,
the decks of the Ghost lay barren and lonely; her crew hidden away in
fear."
So now we all know that you're not only too stupid to understand a
good movie, but also ignorant of it's famous source.
Well done, Joe!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...

2nd sail this week, plus going this evening, tomorrow

night, Saturday
and Sunday.

that should put you up to around 12 1/2 miles so far this
season.

good show bobby!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 8, 2:04 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

ps.com...

2nd sail this week, plus going this evening, tomorrow

night, Saturday
and Sunday.

that should put you up to around 12 1/2 miles so far this
season.

good show bobby!

I calculate 8 miles... if we are going by past bobspit preformance.

Still amazing for "Captain" Rob.

Joe