posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Ghost and the Sea Wolf

On Jun 6, 11:19 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
No dumbass the movie was cool. Yet it lacked a good director with any
nautical knowledge.

The Sea Wolf by Curtiz remains the finest adaptation of the story,

I guess for you lubber types it's easy to get past the fact one
person is sailing and manning watches on a 100+ ft clipper ship, and
that the entire flik is lacking any actual working the ship underway
(yet the whole story is underway). That and the cheap stage prop of a
ship destroys the story for anyone with any nautical knowledge.

Yes Rob "Nautical Texture" was key to this story. Unlike you some
people who watch stories of a ships Captain and crew like a bit of
"Nautical Texture" in that type of story. I know for a director and
Captain of your quality it's a small detail that you would easily
overlook.

Joe

RB
35s5