posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default DEALS on Sails for ASA'ers

"Dave" wrote in message
On 16 Oct 2006 18:24:45 -0700, "Capt. Rob"

said:

don't earn
anything but good will from others my making such an

offer.

There are a lot easier ways to earn good will on this

forum.

When are ya gonna list that bridge on Ebay?

Right after he steals it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

get me a dacron main quote for a Seidelmann 295, w/ 2 reef
points.

Scotty, if you're serious, contact me via e-mail and we'll

talk about
what you need. You can get the quote yourself directly.

I'm no
middleman. I think you'll be shocked at how good a price

you'll get for
a top notch sail.

Like I said, contact me if you're serious.

I am serious. Get me a quote.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Like I said, contact me if you're serious.

I am serious. Get me a quote.

I'd be more than happy to, but not in this forum. If you're serious
then e-mail me and I'll get a quote on a tri-radial cruising main with
two reef points. I'll give you the quote and contact info for the loft.
If you don't like what you hear you can try another loft.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

As for the benefit, what
difference does that make. Makes no difference.

It makes all the difference in the world. That is why you are recommending
this particular loft. There is something in it for you.

If it truly makes no difference, then it shouldn't make a difference what
loft you recommend.

You can't even be honest about you getting benefits from other's
transactions.

Honesty and full disclosure is what set fiduciaries apart from flim-flam
men.

Those sails are full of nothing but your hot air!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Does that loft realize the potential damage it is doing to its reputation by
associating with you?

I hope the owner searches USENET looking for your email address.

The abuse, lies, lies and more lies are well documented for all to see.

When you say:

"When you learn of the loft and sailmaker
involved, I think it'll erase any doubts."

You are the source of the doubts. Are you using the loft to try and salvage
your reputation? Sorry, it doesn't fly here. A decent man would notify the
loft of what you do here and on other forums and then they can decide if
they really want you as a front man.

Go climb back into your soiled bed - you made it!!

Lloyd Bonifide, sailing since before the Korean War.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:18:08 -0600, Bob Crantz/Lloyd Bonafide,/Ed Wood/
Bluto/Gilligan said:

[snip]

Trying to play the entire Greek chorus again, Bob/LLoyd/Ed/Bluto/Gilligan?

No, just the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

How am I doing?

Were you a tattletale in grade school?

Did you prematurely throw out the punch line when someone was telling a joke
in junior high?

Head hall monitor in high school?

Was your nickname Niedermeyer in college?

Did you go on to become a lawyer?

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Go climb back into your soiled bed - you made it!!

Is that the bed I made by selling 7 sailboats this summer from 11K to
144K? Or is that the bed I made creating deals with local lofts for our
club and one other? Now you say it's the bed I made because I'm
offering sails at a steep savings? I have sail jobs pending for Tartan
37, Catalina 30 and 320, J33 and now a person on ASA. Two orders are
already paid and I just started this 9 days ago.
Nobody cares about trolling online and very few people hang out here
once they see what's going on. Still, I know people are seriously nasty
and vindictive here, so I don't include professional contact info ever.
Pay what you want.

Catalina 30 Tri-radial cruising main, double reefs, full batten with 7%
roach added-some custom features as well were added. New and shipped
for 1629.00.

Wanna know what North would charge? And this sail is made from a better
material (or you can have the same for a lower cost) and can be custom
cut. As I said, pay what you want elsewhere...but it'll be more and
you'll get nothing in return for those extra dollars.

Buh bye.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You can't even be honest about you getting benefits from other's
transactions.

Sure I can. Can't you read? I simply won't disclose it here. Call me or
e-mail for sail info and I'll happily tell all.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

You can't even be honest about you getting benefits from other's
transactions.

Sure I can. Can't you read? I simply won't disclose it here. Call me or
e-mail for sail info and I'll happily tell all.

RB
35s5
NY

"As for the benefit, what
difference does that make. Makes no difference."

But it does make a difference.

That's because you don't represent the best interests of either the loft or
buyer. You are concerned first about your interests.

The benefit is obvious. Find enough people to buy sails via you and you get
free sails. You'll brag about it forever.

Mark up on sails is about 2x. Figure selling 10 sails at about $1500 a pop
(it is slow season now) and the owner can toss you a sail for free which
only costs him $750 in materials, labor and overhead. The owner pulls in
$7500 in profit on $15,000 in sails and gives you 10% in the form of a free
sail.

"As for the benefit, what
difference does that make. Makes no difference."

If it makes no difference then why hide it? You don't have to divulge the
Loft's name.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The whole thing stinks of boiler room sales tactics.

How many FTC regulations are being violated here?

Red flags all over the place!

Our New Sails....on the way! Capt. Rob ASA 32 October 14th 06 09:21 PM
Sails & Sailmaking manual 1904 FA JaneyP Boat Building 0 December 30th 05 02:24 AM
Evaluating old sails DSK Cruising 15 December 27th 05 07:13 AM
The Compleat FAQ for alt.sailing.asa JG ASA 48 January 6th 05 04:18 AM
Neal's new Sails Donal ASA 10 January 31st 04 09:54 PM