posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sea Trial

I'm not familiar with the HP 42. I had a H42 out the Gate a month or so ago.
Fortunately, it was a very mild day, but she still heeled over like we were
beating through 20 kts on other boats. I found her to be very sensitive to
wind gusts, given the size of the boat. The interior looked great, except
when you took a closer look and found cracks in the bulkhead due to flexing,
apparently. This was a much newer boat than late 90s. Not certain, but I
believe it was a 2001 or 2002.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:55:21 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

I've been on several large Hunters in the SF bay with wind speeds over 20
kts. They round up like crazy and don't hold a course well. They were
impossible to trim well.

I chartered a Hunter passage 42 probably a late 90's model. Took it
outside the Sea of Abaco to the open atlantic one day when the wind
was up pretty good. Handled like a dream. Very good balance. I was
impressed I expected much less.

Handled, in my opinion, much better than the later Beneteaus I've
raced on for the last two seasons. A 311 and a 343. I'll admit to not
being on either of them long enough to learn to properly trim to the
weather and they were new to the owner also, but they seemed much less
forgiving.

Every single instructor who teaches on them has
only negative things to say. Also, the heel in the picture isn't that
much.
Must not have been a good breeze... no white caps, no spray.

From the picture, I would say "sea" trial was a misnomer. More like a
LIS trial.

Frank

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Finally, I can say that I appreciate a post of yours. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote
| Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
| the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

Shows your a liar again. That's the same boat you have pictures of on
your list of pictures.
And from way back in October 2005. Did the sea trial take almost a year?
Hee hee!
People look here http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/ You'll see
other "hunter"
pictures of the same boat from last year. Duh!
Delete Capt. Rob's posts. They're all made up. He's just yanking your
chain.....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy,

Jeff wrote;
There's a good weather station just a couple of miles from your slip
that says the wind was 10 knots, gusts to 14, diminishing all afternoon.
Now, Nutsy; That is a true SMACKDOWN!!!! and it's backed by your own
Photograph

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

10kts... almost not worth sailing in out here.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Nutsy,

Jeff wrote;
There's a good weather station just a couple of miles from your slip
that says the wind was 10 knots, gusts to 14, diminishing all afternoon.
Now, Nutsy; That is a true SMACKDOWN!!!! and it's backed by your own
Photograph

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote
| Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
| the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

Shows your a liar again. That's the same boat you have pictures of on
your list of pictures.
And from way back in October 2005. Did the sea trial take almost a year?
Hee hee!
People look here http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/ You'll see
other "hunter"
pictures of the same boat from last year. Duh!
Delete Capt. Rob's posts. They're all made up. He's just yanking your
chain.....

Cheers,
Ellen

Looking through that directory one can see that Sudsy is a bleach blonde.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I would be willing to take him out of my killfile if I had

some assurance
that he would contribute to the sailing discussion vs.

promoting his own
toys and/or putting down others'.

That's about as likely as Krusty behaving like a normal
human being.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I would be willing to take him out of my killfile if I had

some assurance
that he would contribute to the sailing discussion vs.

promoting his own
toys and/or putting down others'.

That's about as likely as Krusty behaving like a normal
human being.

Scotty

He's been doing pretty well at it lately...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

10 kts isn't that interesting out here. If it's not a small craft advisory
day, it's kinda boring.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:09:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

10kts... almost not worth sailing in out here.

And you consider that an advantage somehow?

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I would be willing to take him out of my killfile if I

had
some assurance
that he would contribute to the sailing discussion vs.

promoting his own
toys and/or putting down others'.

That's about as likely as Krusty behaving like a normal
human being.

Scotty

He's been doing pretty well at it lately...

tick tock...tick tock...tick

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

katy wrote:
He's been doing pretty well at it lately...

Other than stirring up **** over Scout's new boat, and
acting like a spiteful child over the wind generator
questions, and sucking up to Dave (wonder if he thinks he's
going to need a lawyer soon). Yeah, he's acting pretty
normal... for Bill/Krusty.

DSK

Trial by Jury Makes America Great! Bob Crantz ASA 1 December 7th 05 05:08 PM
Sea Trial Bobsprit ASA 40 August 31st 04 12:35 AM
OT BushCo lies about John Edwards basskisser General 52 August 2nd 04 07:53 PM
Cripes...a "show trial" for Saddam? jim-- General 39 July 8th 04 01:51 AM
sea trial of Cal 28 today Jonathan Ganz ASA 17 September 28th 03 05:43 PM