Jonathan Ganz

Default sea trial of Cal 28 today

Just got back from the sea trial. She's a great lady. Sailed really well,
especially since the engine would not keep running... dirty fuel filter
and we didn't have a spare. Bummer.. had to sail all the way back
to the slip. Looks like the engine, other than that, is in great shape.
I did not like the self-tending jib. That's got to go. Also, it'll need a
couple of new winches, new running rigging, and a couple of other
minor things...

I think the non-profit is going to get her instead of me personally, which
is good for both of us. Since the people who are selling it are also a
non-profit, they're giving us an even bigger break on the price, and
we're going to split the cost of the haul and survey.

I can still sail her all I want, and they get a great teaching boat that
needs very little work. We're doing the haul out and inspection next
week. Probably paint her while she's out, fix the illegal head, change
the sheaves now for wire to line, and such.

It was one heck of a beautiful day on the bay today. Sunny and
warm with 15-20 kts of wind in the slot. Yum it was fun.

Jonathan

katysails

I'm intrigued by non-profit sailing. There is no such thing =
here....there isn't even a SeaScout troop around here, to my knowledge. =
Under what auspices is your non-profit? Even the local YMCA doesn't =
have a sailing club, and they're right on the lake.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Horvath

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:48:50 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Just got back from the sea trial. She's a great lady. Sailed really well,

About time you actually sailed, Jon-boy.

especially since the engine would not keep running... dirty fuel filter
and we didn't have a spare. Bummer.. had to sail all the way back
to the slip. Looks like the engine, other than that, is in great shape.
I did not like the self-tending jib. That's got to go. Also, it'll need a
couple of new winches, new running rigging, and a couple of other
minor things...

"Minor" things? You never bought new winches, or new lines.

I think the non-profit is going to get her instead of me personally, which
is good for both of us. Since the people who are selling it are also a
non-profit, they're giving us an even bigger break on the price, and
we're going to split the cost of the haul and survey.

So you won't actually own it?

I can still sail her all I want, and they get a great teaching boat that
needs very little work. We're doing the haul out and inspection next
week. Probably paint her while she's out, fix the illegal head, change
the sheaves now for wire to line, and such.

It was one heck of a beautiful day on the bay today. Sunny and
warm with 15-20 kts of wind in the slot. Yum it was fun.

Welcome to our world.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Jonathan Ganz

Horass,

Why not shut up now. You know nothing about boats and this just
proves it.

As a non-profit, we get huge discounts and sometimes totally free
equipment from companies such as West Marine. The winches will
cost us less than 1/2 of retail, as will the running rigging.

And, obviously, if the non-profit is going to buy her instead of me,
that means that *I* will not be buying her. Did you miss a few grades
in school or what?

wrote this crap:

[...]

Jonathan Ganz

Well, I'm a member of a non-profit sailing organization devoted to teaching
kids and adults. We're sort of like Sea Scouts, except that we have an
adult program and we're more into environmental issues. The org has been
around for about 25 years. I've been a member for less than 5. Basically,
we support the organization by charging for all of the adult classes and
some
of the kids classes. We give sail lesson scholarships to disadvantaged kids,
among other things. If you're interested, let me know I'll give you the
particulars
via email.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Simple Simon

wrote in message ...

All of my sailing has been deficit sailing. snip

You are deficient of brainpower so, of course, you deficit sail all the time . . .

S.Simon

katysails

If you're interested, let me know I'll give you the
particulars
via email.
Sure..it would be interesting...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Horvath

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:38:32 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Horass,

Why not shut up now. You know nothing about boats and this just
proves it.

Keep talking, Jon-boy.

As a non-profit, we get huge discounts and sometimes totally free
equipment from companies such as West Marine. The winches will
cost us less than 1/2 of retail, as will the running rigging.

So you don't actually own it? You have to wait in line to use it?

And, obviously, if the non-profit is going to buy her instead of me,
that means that *I* will not be buying her. Did you miss a few grades
in school or what?

You just answered the last two questions, loser loser loser. You
non-boater loser. You.

wrote this crap:

[...]

Horvath

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:42:27 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Well, I'm a member of a non-profit sailing organization devoted to teaching
kids and adults. We're sort of like Sea Scouts, except that we DON'T OWN BOATS!!!!

Loser! Loser! Loser! Non boater. Non boat owner!

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Jonathan Ganz

Dumb, dumber, dumdum.... can't read, like's boys. Yup,
that's Horass.

wrote this crap:

Well, I'm a member of a non-profit sailing organization devoted to

teaching
kids and adults. We're sort of like Sea Scouts, except that we DON'T OWN

BOATS!!!!

Loser! Loser! Loser! Non boater. Non boat owner!

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

I took the new owners of my boat on a cruise today and said goodbye to her jim-- General 2 May 8th 04 01:27 PM
No skunk today! John H General 4 April 21st 04 02:22 PM
O.T. 30 years ago vs. Today RGrew176 General 0 February 10th 04 03:46 PM
No bad ideas today Parallax Cruising 3 October 30th 03 08:18 PM
**FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!! frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:36 PM