Jonathan Ganz

Default sea trial of Cal 28 today

Just got back from the sea trial. She's a great lady. Sailed really well,
especially since the engine would not keep running... dirty fuel filter
and we didn't have a spare. Bummer.. had to sail all the way back
to the slip. Looks like the engine, other than that, is in great shape.
I did not like the self-tending jib. That's got to go. Also, it'll need a
couple of new winches, new running rigging, and a couple of other
minor things...

I think the non-profit is going to get her instead of me personally, which
is good for both of us. Since the people who are selling it are also a
non-profit, they're giving us an even bigger break on the price, and
we're going to split the cost of the haul and survey.

I can still sail her all I want, and they get a great teaching boat that
needs very little work. We're doing the haul out and inspection next
week. Probably paint her while she's out, fix the illegal head, change
the sheaves now for wire to line, and such.

It was one heck of a beautiful day on the bay today. Sunny and
warm with 15-20 kts of wind in the slot. Yum it was fun.

Jonathan