frank news

Default **FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!!

Hi Butch,

Glad you finally "got out". As for me, I am still sitting at the dock
waiting for my back to heal up. I have been down and started up the ole
454 and even once run her to the mouth of the "creek" into the St. Johns
and down river a bit. Just to keep the drive and other stuff loose and
lubericated. But I had to ahve "crew" to handle simple things like bow
lines and boat hooks. I can't wait till I am better. I hear Silver Glen
calling my name.

Capt Frank
La Dolce Vita
Formula 26 PC

Butch Ammon wrote:

Well, I *FINALLY* got the old '75 Sea Star 17' trihull out on Lake Anna, VA
today. Man, this is the absolute latest I have ever been boating! My fishing
buddy showed up at 7:00am, and amongst a few scattered sprinkles, we uncovered
the boat and hitched it up. Then, I looked to the heavens and said, "DON'T
EVEN THINK IT!" Ha ha ha ha ha...

It turned out cloudy and overcast, but at least it didn't rain. The old boat
fired right up with no problems at all. Tilt/trim sensor is a little off on
the guage, but the boat runs fine and cruised at an easy 28mph while we headed
to our fishing spot. Had a few bites, and a big chomp (striper?), but didn't
set the hook in time. Oh well...

It was great FINALLY being out on my boat and enjoying the day with a fishing
buddy. His Dodge Ram is nice and easily pulls my 2180lb beast without skipping
a beat. Lake Anna was hopping today and this afternoon it got quite rough out
there with 9000 boats all zooming around. I hit a set of boat wakes at an
angle and I though we'd be going airborne! I had to cut back the throttle
quick! Man, trihulls are nice and stable, but can we say, BOING, BOING, BOING,
BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE.....

I gotta take a few days off from work and go boating during the week when the
lake is calmer. Hey Norm Eckert.... Does Lake St. Clair, MI get calm during
the week too? I've seen boat races on TV that were held at Lake St. Clair.
Nice place!

Butch Ammon

Boating Classes NRUSPS General 0 August 8th 03 06:27 PM
Unlike the political posters, I went boating. Calif Bill General 5 August 4th 03 07:07 PM
Your favorite boating moment. noah General 4 July 20th 03 05:05 PM
Summer Basic Boating Classes in New York City JRTAUBER General 0 July 16th 03 07:04 PM
NO! I think I ruined my motor today HELP! PLEASE Jim General 4 July 8th 03 03:11 PM