posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sea Trial

Captained a sea trial of a H43 today. What a bear of a boat! The thing
is quite difficult to handle compared to my quick 35s5, but winds were
near perfect and she actually rolled along nicely once I had her
trimmed right. The new owner plans to sail her to Florida, then Jamaica
next season.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/huntertrial.jpg

The next few days look like great sailing weather!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Oops...forgot to mention. The main went up at the push of a button!
Pretty cool, especially for an older couple.

RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Captained a sea trial of a H43 today. What a bear of a boat! The thing
is quite difficult to handle compared to my quick 35s5, but winds were
near perfect and she actually rolled along nicely once I had her
trimmed right. The new owner plans to sail her to Florida, then Jamaica
next season.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/huntertrial.jpg

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days? g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

H stands for heel and/or head up. No instructor I know thinks they're worth
much.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Captained a sea trial of a H43 today. What a bear of a boat! The thing
is quite difficult to handle compared to my quick 35s5, but winds were
near perfect and she actually rolled along nicely once I had her
trimmed right. The new owner plans to sail her to Florida, then Jamaica
next season.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/huntertrial.jpg

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days? g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days?

Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days?

Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

That or really bad sail trim. The water shows no indication of strong winds
and the sails no real strain.

Were you sitting on the port rail and someone else took the pic?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

H 43 selected as better liveaboard over the Beneteau 43:

http://www.sailboatowners.com/review...01135041222337

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If you thing sea state in the LIS is the only wind indicator, you've
only further exposed your ignorance.

September 25 2006
1:51 PM 71.1 °F 45.0 °F 39% 29.81 in 10.0 miles WNW 16.1 mph
20.7 mph N/A Scattered Clouds
2:51 PM 72.0 °F 45.0 °F 38% 29.81 in 10.0 miles WNW 16.1 mph -
N/A Mostly Cloudy
3:51 PM 72.0 °F 44.1 °F 37% 29.79 in 10.0 miles West 10.4 mph -
N/A Scattered Clouds
4:51 PM 73.0 °F 44.1 °F 35% 29.79 in 10.0 miles West 15.0 mph
19.6 mph N/A Partly Cloudy
5:51 PM 72.0 °F 46.0 °F 40% 29.80 in 10.0 miles West 13.8 mph -
N/A

Or see the WHOLE link, if you doubt it.
http://weather.newsday.com/auto/news...sta tename=NA

SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!

Bye bye! Sailing again this afternoon.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Swab Rob" wrote in ...
-
-
-
-If you thing
-
-
-Bye bye! Sailing again this afternoon.

What's your destination?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I've been on several large Hunters in the SF bay with wind speeds over 20
kts. They round up like crazy and don't hold a course well. They were
impossible to trim well. Every single instructor who teaches on them has
only negative things to say. Also, the heel in the picture isn't that much.
Must not have been a good breeze... no white caps, no spray.

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Gilligan" wrote in message
news

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days?

Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

That or really bad sail trim. The water shows no indication of strong
winds and the sails no real strain.

Were you sitting on the port rail and someone else took the pic?

Trial by Jury Makes America Great! Bob Crantz ASA 1 December 7th 05 05:08 PM
Sea Trial Bobsprit ASA 40 August 31st 04 12:35 AM
OT BushCo lies about John Edwards basskisser General 52 August 2nd 04 07:53 PM
Cripes...a "show trial" for Saddam? jim-- General 39 July 8th 04 01:51 AM
sea trial of Cal 28 today Jonathan Ganz ASA 17 September 28th 03 05:43 PM