posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sea Trial

Oh, they're great for a liveaboard until all the crappy joinery starts to
become obvious.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..
H 43 selected as better liveaboard over the Beneteau 43:

http://www.sailboatowners.com/review...01135041222337

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I've been on several large Hunters in the SF bay with wind

speeds over 20
kts. They round up like crazy and don't hold a course

well. They were
impossible to trim well. Every single instructor who

teaches on them has
only negative things to say. Also, the heel in the picture

isn't that much.
Must not have been a good breeze... no white caps, no

spray.

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was

a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

Yeah, let's keep it going like that.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You really have to stop using the airport weather from 10 miles away
when you make up stories. There's a good weather station just a
couple of miles from your slip that says the wind was 10 knots, gusts
to 14, diminishing all afternoon.

So I guess that's what you mean by "good breeze".

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/cgi...lot_size=large

http://tinyurl.com/qara6

Capt. Rob wrote:

If you thing sea state in the LIS is the only wind indicator, you've
only further exposed your ignorance.

September 25 2006
1:51 PM 71.1 °F 45.0 °F 39% 29.81 in 10.0 miles WNW 16.1 mph
20.7 mph N/A Scattered Clouds
2:51 PM 72.0 °F 45.0 °F 38% 29.81 in 10.0 miles WNW 16.1 mph -
N/A Mostly Cloudy
3:51 PM 72.0 °F 44.1 °F 37% 29.79 in 10.0 miles West 10.4 mph -
N/A Scattered Clouds
4:51 PM 73.0 °F 44.1 °F 35% 29.79 in 10.0 miles West 15.0 mph
19.6 mph N/A Partly Cloudy
5:51 PM 72.0 °F 46.0 °F 40% 29.80 in 10.0 miles West 13.8 mph -
N/A

Or see the WHOLE link, if you doubt it.
http://weather.newsday.com/auto/news...sta tename=NA

SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!

Bye bye! Sailing again this afternoon.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote
| Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
| the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

Shows your a liar again. That's the same boat you have pictures of on your list of pictures.
And from way back in October 2005. Did the sea trial take almost a year? Hee hee!
People look here http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/ You'll see other "hunter"
pictures of the same boat from last year. Duh!
Delete Capt. Rob's posts. They're all made up. He's just yanking your chain.....

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
You really have to stop using the airport weather from 10

miles away
when you make up stories. There's a good weather station

just a
couple of miles from your slip that says the wind was 10

knots, gusts
to 14, diminishing all afternoon.

So I guess that's what you mean by "good breeze".

No, that was ''rough''!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:55:21 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

I've been on several large Hunters in the SF bay with wind speeds over 20
kts. They round up like crazy and don't hold a course well. They were
impossible to trim well.

I chartered a Hunter passage 42 probably a late 90's model. Took it
outside the Sea of Abaco to the open atlantic one day when the wind
was up pretty good. Handled like a dream. Very good balance. I was
impressed I expected much less.

Handled, in my opinion, much better than the later Beneteaus I've
raced on for the last two seasons. A 311 and a 343. I'll admit to not
being on either of them long enough to learn to properly trim to the
weather and they were new to the owner also, but they seemed much less
forgiving.

Every single instructor who teaches on them has
only negative things to say. Also, the heel in the picture isn't that much.
Must not have been a good breeze... no white caps, no spray.

From the picture, I would say "sea" trial was a misnomer. More like a
LIS trial.

Frank

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote
| Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
| the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

Shows your a liar again. That's the same boat you have pictures of on your list of pictures.
And from way back in October 2005. Did the sea trial take almost a year? Hee hee!
People look here http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/ You'll see other "hunter"
pictures of the same boat from last year. Duh!
Delete Capt. Rob's posts. They're all made up. He's just yanking your chain.....

Cheers,
Ellen

By golly that looks like the same kind of boat, even has that wadded up
canvas in the same place.
But i've seen boats sit around here for years untouched, then someone
buys them. Rob would never spin a tell, would he? Some dumbass bought
it and Rob was surveying her making sure nothing's go to break, you can
tell he's pushing it to the limit with wicked airport winds, don't let
that false looking sea state in his fine photos fool you Ellen, LIS is
sheltered and you can have a raging storm and just the slightest chopp.
He was shaken her down, an manly mans job.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy,

How in the Hell can you call a test sail in LIS with winds under 10
knots a "Sea Trial"?? The state of the water ( No White Caps) indicate
upper Force 2 or lower Force 3.

It does look like great conditions for a good sail, but a Sea Trial? I
don't think so but to each his own.

By the way, that heel is roughly 15 degrees and that is just about in
the groove. Looks like you've got it trimmed properly.

I truly envy you! Enjoy!

Nice looking Boat.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I would be willing to take him out of my killfile if I had some assurance
that he would contribute to the sailing discussion vs. promoting his own
toys and/or putting down others'.

I apologize. I know that's unlikely.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

said:

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

Please, Jon. Don't encourage him.

Trial by Jury Makes America Great! Bob Crantz ASA 1 December 7th 05 05:08 PM
Sea Trial Bobsprit ASA 40 August 31st 04 12:35 AM
OT BushCo lies about John Edwards basskisser General 52 August 2nd 04 07:53 PM
Cripes...a "show trial" for Saddam? jim-- General 39 July 8th 04 01:51 AM
sea trial of Cal 28 today Jonathan Ganz ASA 17 September 28th 03 05:43 PM