posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default US Poor Olympic Showing

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...
Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

We both liked that.

Great movie--especially the payoff scene. How refreshing

to see a character
do the right thing, as opposed to the politically correct

thing.

And there was even a sailing scene in it, although the
''sailor'' showed all the ineptness of a Boobspit.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...
A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough
to take it all away.
Barry M. Goldwater

A supremely brilliant man, Goldwater. None, sadly, have come close
since.

Do you know Goldwater also said:

"I haven't really got a first class brain"

His brilliance was that he relied on principles to guide him and was
remarkably consistent in applying them, especially in the world of
politics. Reagan, too, was guided by principles, also lacking "a
first class brain".

Men with first class brains, such as Bill Clinton, John Kerry and
Hillary Clinton are completely devoid of consistent principles and lack
the tools necessary for true leadership. They rely on cunning to get
them to the next step.

Goldwater was the greatest. I have two autographed photos of him here
at my desk as well as other memorabilia. I even have a "Goldwater for
President" bumper sticker on my truck.

I wish another one like him would come along.

Another did--Dan Quayle--who, too, did not have a first-class brain, and
he paid for it many times over.

Upon receiving a can of "Goldwater" from an ardent supporter, he tasted
it and said:

"This tastes like ****. I wouldn't drink it with gin!"

Only once in several lifetimes...

Only once in *our* lifetimes, sadly. You are right about principle vs.
brilliance + cunning. I'll take principle any day. Bush has neither.

Max

Max,

You're a good man. I owe you a few beers.

I like Dan Quayle and wished he ran for President, I would have easily
voted for him. When Clinton was elected, he actually said that if Clinton
would do what he said he would do, things wouldn't be so bad. To actually
think for himself and not toe party line shows he has guts.

Quayle was another victim of the liberal smear. His Senate colleagues,
some on the left side of the aisle, were known to praise him for being
consistent and true to his principles. He was a very poor
speaker--hesitating, mispronouncing words, using occasional words
inappropriately--but he was a pragmatic conservative who never wavered
from his beliefs in order to please anyone. It's tragic that a young man
of principle should be discarded, while the slick politician with no
detectable principles pleases the electorate sufficiently to be elected.
I guess we get what we deserve.

You don't owe me any beer, but I'd enjoy sitting down with you and
drinking a few.

Max

Here's a toast to Dan Quayle.

It's funny, those most ill suited to be politicians are generally the best
fit to hold elected office.

Ever hear of Ron Paul of Texas? Even Joe has never heard of him.

http://www.house.gov/paul/

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

Max

Creepy...I would have chopped that guy up into a kajillion

pieces

a\nd fed him to the hogs...

I didn't see where he did anything out of the ordinary.

Scotty

heh...right...if you were like that Lisa wouldn't leave you alive....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news
"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

tasted it and said:

[...]

Not before now, but I signed up. Looks like interesting reading.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

Max

Creepy...I would have chopped that guy up into a kajillion

pieces

a\nd fed him to the hogs...

I didn't see where he did anything out of the ordinary.

Scotty

heh...right...if you were like that Lisa wouldn't leave you alive....

She wouldn't have waited as long as Julia Robert's character did.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:53:23 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
.. .

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...
Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

We both liked that.

Great movie--especially the payoff scene. How refreshing

to see a character
do the right thing, as opposed to the politically correct

thing.

And there was even a sailing scene in it, although the
''sailor'' showed all the ineptness of a Boobspit.

As a sailor, I found that scene embarrassing.

Max

The most embarrassing sailing scene ever was in that chick flick
"message in a bottle" (I think that's the title, trying to foreget
that movie). Guy is supposed to be a pro yet makes every mistake in
the book. At the end, wife is all teary eyed and I'm thinking who
wrote this pap.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Maxprop wrote:
"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

We both liked that.

Great movie--especially the payoff scene. How refreshing

to see a character

do the right thing, as opposed to the politically correct

thing.

And there was even a sailing scene in it, although the
''sailor'' showed all the ineptness of a Boobspit.

As a sailor, I found that scene embarrassing.

Max

Maybe we should grade all the movies with gratuitous sailing
scenes...like the Hunter in Bruce Willis' The Jackal...or the
Harrison Ford movie that featured JFK's daysailor? (can't remember
the name of the film...)
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:53:23 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

We both liked that.

Great movie--especially the payoff scene. How refreshing

to see a character

do the right thing, as opposed to the politically correct

thing.

And there was even a sailing scene in it, although the
''sailor'' showed all the ineptness of a Boobspit.

As a sailor, I found that scene embarrassing.

Max

The most embarrassing sailing scene ever was in that chick flick
"message in a bottle" (I think that's the title, trying to foreget
that movie). Guy is supposed to be a pro yet makes every mistake in
the book. At the end, wife is all teary eyed and I'm thinking who
wrote this pap.

Frank

Nicholas Sparks, the resident author of New Bern, NC. He also wrote
Bridges of Madison County and other similar pap....
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:53:23 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...
Even "Sleeping With the Enemy?"

We both liked that.

Great movie--especially the payoff scene. How refreshing
to see a character
do the right thing, as opposed to the politically correct
thing.

And there was even a sailing scene in it, although the
''sailor'' showed all the ineptness of a Boobspit.

As a sailor, I found that scene embarrassing.

Max

The most embarrassing sailing scene ever was in that chick flick
"message in a bottle" (I think that's the title, trying to foreget
that movie). Guy is supposed to be a pro yet makes every mistake in
the book. At the end, wife is all teary eyed and I'm thinking who
wrote this pap.

I forgot that one for my list of chick fliks. That boat was lovely, though,
wasn't it.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"katy" wrote in message

Maybe we should grade all the movies with gratuitous

sailing
scenes...like the Hunter in Bruce Willis' The Jackal...or

the
Harrison Ford movie that featured JFK's daysailor? (can't

remember
the name of the film...)

What Lies Beneath

Scotty