posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Least safe cars!:

Just think if we had a level playing field with the Japs. We could buy
a new corvette for 16K, and put 100's of millions more into R&D.

If only a new Vette was any good and not a rattle-box after just 6
months. I'm not going to buy junk just because I feel bad that my
country doesn't have a level playing field. It's also a farce since the
the US has proven that poor design is at the heart of it's failure. Not
only can't we build a good car, we can't get one on paper either.
My Tribeca is a "new" car 1st year model and has not had a single
problem of any kind, has the highest crash rating EVER measured for
it's class and leads for handling and braking. A 10th generation
Chrysler Minivan can't touch it nor could any Ford Explorer.
I'm sorry. Spend YOUR money on USA junk. I'll use mine more wisely.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

It is truly American to buy the best product available for your money,
regardless of where it came from.

No, in Joe's world we should all buy US made garbage cars because they
don't have a level playing field!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

"The people who consume the bulk of goods are the (same) people who
make them. That is a fact we must never forget - that is the secret of
our prosperity." -- Henry Ford

Henry Ford would look at the hilarious red tape that exists between
today's design department and actual production and laugh his ass off.
American cars suck for one simple reason: Americans.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If you buy junk, you subsidize incompetence.

Who would go to a surgeon that kills 25% of his patients just so that
surgeon has work?

Who would send their kid to a school, that after 12 years, the kid can't
read?

Who would buy a mini van knowing that the transmission will need to be
replaced in 60K miles and have to pay for it?

If buying American is so essential and good, why not ban all imports?

Buy the best and forget the rest.

Amen!

Jesus drives a Subaru Tribeca!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Real Americans buy what they want!

Hear that, Joe? I guess that makes me a real American and
you....something quite un-American. Enjoy your American Junk!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
"The people who consume the bulk of goods are the (same) people who
make them. That is a fact we must never forget - that is the secret of
our prosperity." -- Henry Ford

Henry Ford would look at the hilarious red tape that exists between
today's design department and actual production and laugh his ass off.
American cars suck for one simple reason: Americans.

Americans are great workers. It's the narcissistic corporate management that
allows crap to be produced.

Remember what corporate chieftains get paid relative to the workforce, even
if the company fails. Think of Carly Fiorina of HP. She cut the stock value
of HP in half, laid off thousands and walked with $44 million.

It's not the guys at the bottom, it's the guys at the top.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Americans are great workers. It's the narcissistic corporate management
that
allows crap to be produced.

Some years ago I read that the new Saturn was doomed to be obsolete on
introduction because it's design advantages were lost due to the time
it took to bring to market. When the Saturn was finally introduced it
was indeed already dated by several generations. Quite recently I read
that it still takes the US car makers 3 times longer to bring a design
off paper that Japanese builders. 3 times longer and with 6 times more
problems per car than the Japanese cars! It's actually very sad. Cars
like the Camry and Accord have come to represent the Japanese average,
while our most expensive premium brands can't touch them. Toyota is now
predicting a 10% sales gain in the US for the new year. Honda = 4%. GM
will only see those numbers relative to recalls!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Clowns like Bobspirt think they help Americans when they buy a toyota
ect because they are put together here,

As I already stated non-US built Subaru's are known to be better cars.
The US workers can't even screw a screw right. The fact that my Tribeca
was built here is nothing more or less than a negative aspect of the
car.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

My Mercury Grand Marquis has a LOT more than 110K on it, and it
doesn't
rattle at all. There aren't many car models that can beat it's safety
record
either. .

Presently one of the best car bargins going. V8 and a real frame for
under $25k. None of that unibody crap.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Right, The guy in the next slip has a 2 yo Z vette. Ive rode and drove
it several times. Show me a jap car with 505 HP under 62K. BTW no
rattles at all. Great feedback and it will pin you to your seats.

I not a fan of vetts myself, If in that kind of market I'd buy a ford
GT or a Saleen S7 both great american cars.

Have you seen the new Dodge Charger ?
How bout the Dodge Hemi wagon? Great family car. It don't look like a
vagina either.

Keep your jap crap pin head. I hope when your boy grows up and wants a
job he can find one.

""The ultimate test of a man's conscience and wisdom may be his
willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose
words of thanks will not be heard." " -- Gaylord Nelson

Joe

Crantz & Cars! Capt. Rob ASA 7 December 9th 05 12:54 AM
Sloco's Cars Capt. Rob ASA 15 November 28th 05 09:02 PM
Gas Hog Cars, same phenomenon as boats [email protected] General 19 November 10th 05 07:56 PM
Southern California Ramp, Safe Parking, Weekend Getaway Bryan General 0 October 14th 05 01:15 AM
safe breathing apparatus for lead, epoxy, etc. ? Courtney Thomas Cruising 6 October 10th 05 03:16 AM