posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Default Least safe cars!:

Bob Crantz wrote:
It is truly American to buy the best product available for your money,
regardless of where it came from. That's capitalism and freedom!

Anything else is tribalistic jingoism.

Amen!

Here, here.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Robert Broady said:
Note that the Corvette's "hull" is Fiberglass, not steel!

Commodore Joe Redcloud©

Thats right Robert Broady the Corvette is fiberglass.

The USS Midway was steel and did over 35 knots, whats your point?

Why do you need your sock to talk for you?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Why do you need your sock to talk for you?

Darn those socks!

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

"The people who consume the bulk of goods are the (same) people who
make them. That is a fact we must never forget - that is the secret of
our prosperity." -- Henry Ford

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I don't look at this from an economic point of view but the political
and social points of view. The question really is whether America can
remain a great power or a dominant power if it becomes a primarily
service economy, and I doubt that. A country has to have an industrial
base in order to play a significant role in the world. And I am
concerned from that point of view.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Steve Thomas

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Must have people here like you on the line making them.

Don't get mad at me, Joe. When this country is able to make a good car
I'll buy one. Toyota is about to surpass GM. I wonder why my old Subaru
with 110K on it had practically no rattles while the new G6 and Hummer
H3 sounded like they were falling apart. Why is my Tribeca so much more
solid feeling than a Jeep? No go drive a silly Harley. We can't even
build a good bike here.
Of course the rest of the world is laughing.

RB
35s5
NY

My Mercury Grand Marquis has a LOT more than 110K on it, and it doesn't
rattle at all. There aren't many car models that can beat it's safety record
either.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
J Beck

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Putz, It's the cost that keep Americans from buying new American made
cars.

Did you know GM spends more on employee pensions then they do on steel?

Who's fault is that?
$60.00 an hour pay and benefits per person for unskilled labor! What's
wrong with that picture.

Just think if we had a level playing field with the Japs. We could buy
a new corvette for 16K, and put 100's of millions more into R&D.

In the 70s and 80 after we showed them how to build cars they came back and
showed us they could do it better and still are.

Not to mention that the japanese govt still refuses to even admit that
as a nation they committed mass murder and torture of American's
prisioners during WW11 and refuse to apoligise.

We also rebuilt Japan for them after the war and they took the ball and ran
with it.

When was world war eleven?

****...if Al-Quedia made a better car today, you would buy it from
them.

Funny thing is your still driving the biggest Vagina looking slushbox
unsafe Dork mobile on the road.

Joe

BTW the auto business is now a world market. The heartbeat of America is
made in Canada.
Real Americans buy what they want!
JB
P.S. I have worked on every kind of car known to man ,the piece of junk is
one that you are working on at that particular point in time! Also find it
hard to believe there are no american manufacturers listed and that Toyota
is.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Yeah real short sighted self centered Americans do so....Thats the
problem.

Clowns like Bobspirt think they help Americans when they buy a toyota
ect because they are put together here, citing the American workers who
benefit from the purchase of a Toyota ...you know the Teamsters, sales
personnel and service personnel.

These same people, however, would benefit from the purchase of a
U.S.-built vehicle. Additionally, the design, engineering, information
services, human resources, manufacturing and purchasing personnel, us
suppliers, the tier 1s 2s 3s etc., would also benefit from the purchase
of a U.S.-built car. Not so with the Jap crap.

Now that GM has announced its intentions to eliminate 30,000 U.S. jobs,
does Robert see how this could possibly affect him?

How bout you Beck?

There will potentially be 30,000 fewer Americans in the market for a
new or used home, to invest in the markets, to pay for college, to take
a vacation, to pay taxes, etc.

Unfortunately, too many people won't realize the flaw in their decision
not to buy American until it affects them personally, and then it will
be too late for all of us.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
~^ beancounter ~^

buy german or sweedish if you want
safety.....

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't look at this from an economic point of view but the political
and social points of view. The question really is whether America can
remain a great power or a dominant power if it becomes a primarily
service economy, and I doubt that. A country has to have an industrial
base in order to play a significant role in the world. And I am
concerned from that point of view.

America is the greatest world power.

America has a service based economy.

A service based economy can be the world power.

America does have a great industrial base. Cars are a commodity, labor costs
are a big factor for commodities.

America leads in aircraft manufacturing. Aircraft are using more and more
composites so traditional machinists are being displaced.
America leads the world in financial services.
America leads the world in investment potential.
America leads the world in paper production, electrical generation, rocket
production, aluminum production, arms manufacturing, medicine,
pharmaceticals, house building, oil refining etc.

Everything America leads the world requires the workforce be highly
education. Education drives unions and low skilled labor away. Send jobs for
the ignorant to China - keep the Commies stupid.

I'm not worried at all. America will always be first in the hardest, most
sophisticated industrial arenas. Leave the easy stuff for foriegners.

Amen!

Crantz & Cars! Capt. Rob ASA 7 December 9th 05 12:54 AM
Sloco's Cars Capt. Rob ASA 15 November 28th 05 09:02 PM
Gas Hog Cars, same phenomenon as boats [email protected] General 19 November 10th 05 07:56 PM
Southern California Ramp, Safe Parking, Weekend Getaway Bryan General 0 October 14th 05 01:15 AM
safe breathing apparatus for lead, epoxy, etc. ? Courtney Thomas Cruising 6 October 10th 05 03:16 AM