posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Least safe cars!:

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just think if we had a level playing field with the Japs. We could buy
a new corvette for 16K, and put 100's of millions more into R&D.

If only a new Vette was any good and not a rattle-box after just 6
months. I'm not going to buy junk just because I feel bad that my
country doesn't have a level playing field. It's also a farce since the
the US has proven that poor design is at the heart of it's failure. Not
only can't we build a good car, we can't get one on paper either.
My Tribeca is a "new" car 1st year model and has not had a single
problem of any kind, has the highest crash rating EVER measured for
it's class and leads for handling and braking. A 10th generation
Chrysler Minivan can't touch it nor could any Ford Explorer.
I'm sorry. Spend YOUR money on USA junk. I'll use mine more wisely.

RB
35s5
NY

If you buy junk, you subsidize incompetence.

Who would go to a surgeon that kills 25% of his patients just so that
surgeon has work?

Who would send their kid to a school, that after 12 years, the kid can't
read?

Who would buy a mini van knowing that the transmission will need to be
replaced in 60K miles and have to pay for it?

If buying American is so essential and good, why not ban all imports?

Buy the best and forget the rest.

Amen!

Jesus drives a Subaru Tribeca!