katysails

Default Mainsail Covers

Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine? The
local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end of the
season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it was custom
made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice the lazyjacks for
want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess I'll just tape up the
places where it went until we can get one ordered custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't really
care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

Capt. Mooron

Oh Good Grief Kitty... go buy some sunbrella fabric and sew it up yourself!!
That's what I do. If you reached this point in your life and you can't sew a
stitch to save your life..... you'd better be a hellcat in the sack!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end of
the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it was
custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice the
lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess I'll
just tape up the places where it went until we can get one ordered
custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

katysails

I hate to sew....when I was a kid I made a lot of my own clothes...my sister
"borrowed" my sewing machine and never returned it and so now it's
God-knows-where. For all I care, it can stay wherever that is.. I do the
general mending by hand and sew small rips, etc, but I have way too much to
do then to sit at a sewing machine...about the rest...I guess you'll never
know...

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end of
the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it was
custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice the
lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess I'll
just tape up the places where it went until we can get one ordered
custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

JG

I had mine done custom. You could even buy the WM version and get it
altered. It's not that difficult.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end of
the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it was
custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice the
lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess I'll
just tape up the places where it went until we can get one ordered
custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

Capt. Mooron

Well Kitty... from what I've seen... you've been beggin' recipes from an
Aussie, and now admit you can't sew a stitch... I don't have to guess about
how good you are in the sack.... since you don't seem obedient.... it
appears it's your only strong suit!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end of
the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it was
custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice the
lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess I'll
just tape up the places where it went until we can get one ordered
custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

katysails

Now where did you get I can't sew a stitch? I said I hand sew and mend and
I said I sewed my own clothes when I was a kid....I hated it...I am not a
very domestic person and never have been...my cooking skills are excellent,
however...and obedience is for dogs...my dog minds very well...

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end
of the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it
was custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice
the lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess
I'll just tape up the places where it went until we can get one ordered
custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

Capt. Mooron

I certainly wouldn't waste your talents on a sewing machine.... obedience
is a matter of convincing your pet to do tricks..... I doubt you require any
convincing... considering you can't even sew a mainsail cover!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West Marine?
The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at the end
of the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem is that it
was custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to sacrifice
the lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to shove, I guess
I'll just tape up the places where it went until we can get one
ordered custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

Capt. Mooron

"JG" wrote in message

I had mine done custom.

I just bet you did Jon!......

CM

JG

Well, we all know you're too poor to afford anything custom made. Why don't
you call me some really nasty names again. I'm sure that'll make you look
(in your own mind) like a big deal.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"JG" wrote in message

I had mine done custom.

I just bet you did Jon!......

CM

Horvath

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:47:08 GMT, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote this crap:

"JG" wrote in message

I had mine done custom.

I just bet you did Jon!......

He's got a Cal 20. A protest flag can be used as a mainsail cover.