JG

You finally figured this out???? Bwahahahaaaa

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Neal.

To put it kindly as I can; YOU ARE FULL OF ****!

Please look at the picture of my boat in the water (Not up on Jacks.)

The one in the water is the new main with the new sail cover.

Cripes Neal you're as ignorant at reading as you are about Boom Repair
and Shelve Equip. Main operation

You better write another post and consider yourself in with the Lubbers
:^)

That would be Picture #7. I hope you can count to 7. That is all the
fingers on one hand plus 2 on the other'

Click on the address below and when the pictures show up scroll down
them one finger at a time. When all the fingers are used up on one hand
then scroll two more. That is 7. That is the picture of my boat, in the
water, with the WM sail cover on my new main, and the Lazy jacks. If you
can see any sail or boom ( MINE DOES"NT"T BEND IN THE MIDDLE) you also
need your eyes examined. Your eyes may be OK, just clouded with BS

Ole Thom,
P/S now do it and let me know if you did it correctly. I hope I don't
have to call for the "Short" bus to take you to some Post Grad work in
the "Special Ed" system

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

By the way Neally,

The Boom covered and extending straight back and horizonal is fine for
picture taking. Any GOOD live aboard knows slung to the side and end
lowered is much better. More room to use the cockpit and less windage.

Just something to for "Show & Tell" in the Special Ed Class

Ole Thom
P/S not responsible for what the Yard does when it is in their hands. I
installed new main and cover when I got back to Slip. North took the old
main. Not sure what for? Remember I offered it to you and you said it
was to big for your rig
I guess they'll clean it and restitch it and sell to some other bargain
hunter.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Capt. Neal®

Comments interspersed and interjections interjected. . .

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
By the way Neally,

The Boom covered and extending straight back and horizonal is fine for
picture taking. Any GOOD live aboard knows slung to the side and end
lowered is much better. More room to use the cockpit and less windage.

Just something to for "Show & Tell" in the Special Ed Class

Oh, Thom, you are wrong yet again. Every real cruising sailor knows
it is best to have the aft end of the boom a little higher than the forward
end. The reason being that in a rainstorm, the water does not all deluge off
then end into the cockpit. Anything but a centered boom is lubberly. I will
never have my boom set off to one side or the other.

Ole Thom
P/S not responsible for what the Yard does when it is in their hands. I
installed new main and cover when I got back to Slip. North took the old
main. Not sure what for? Remember I offered it to you and you said it
was to big for your rig
I guess they'll clean it and restitch it and sell to some other bargain
hunter.

The old sail of yours will probably be donated to a Mac26X owner's club
where it will be put on some old, crummy Mac26X and it will go faster
there than it ever did pushing that heavy old pilot house of yours around.
He hee! Poor ole Thom. He can't win when treating with me.

CN

Thom Stewart

Neal,

You didn't have to go to all the trouble of digging out the Community2
page. The same picture is in the present HomePage.

Ahh Yes, now I see. It is picture #11. You ran out of fingers!! Sorry
old buddy. You need to take off your shoes. It is the picture after to
puppy. That's the picture where you ran out of fingers

Ole Thom
P/S hold the damn bus neal, I'm coming to for a little refresher on
spelling

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

Neal,

A covered Boom slung to the side lets the water drain outside the
cockpit bummy, with the end dowm it goes over the side thru the
scuppers.

I realize that half-ass Bimini not only prevents you from using your
jib winches properly but also prevents you from securing your "Broken
Boom" properly. you've got it set-up to drain unto your cabin top, over
your windows, down your deck along your rail until it finds a scupper.
That is where you have all those pretty coiled lines. Get a clue, man,
get a clue

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

katysails

excuse me...it's not "can't"...it's "won't" I am at the point in my life
where I do what I want...I do not want to sew...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I certainly wouldn't waste your talents on a sewing machine.... obedience
is a matter of convincing your pet to do tricks..... I doubt you require
any convincing... considering you can't even sew a mainsail cover!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Now where did you get I can't sew a stitch? I said I hand sew and mend
and I said I sewed my own clothes when I was a kid....I hated it...I am
not a very domestic person and never have been...my cooking skills are
excellent, however...and obedience is for dogs...my dog minds very
well...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Well Kitty... from what I've seen... you've been beggin' recipes from an
Aussie, and now admit you can't sew a stitch... I don't have to guess
about how good you are in the sack.... since you don't seem obedient....
it appears it's your only strong suit!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
I hate to sew....when I was a kid I made a lot of my own clothes...my
sister "borrowed" my sewing machine and never returned it and so now
it's God-knows-where. For all I care, it can stay wherever that is.. I
do the general mending by hand and sew small rips, etc, but I have way
too much to do then to sit at a sewing machine...about the rest...I
guess you'll never know...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Oh Good Grief Kitty... go buy some sunbrella fabric and sew it up
yourself!! That's what I do. If you reached this point in your life
and you can't sew a stitch to save your life..... you'd better be a
hellcat in the sack!

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Has anyone here bought one of those main sail covers from West
Marine? The local canvas place has a backlog and ours went shot-to at
the end of the season last year when a big storm blew up....problem
is that it was custom made for the lazyjacks...I really don't want to
sacrifice the lazyjacks for want of a main cover...push comes to
shove, I guess I'll just tape up the places where it went until we
can get one ordered custom-made..
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

"Women and cats will do as they please..." (Heinlein)...and we don't
really care what the men and dogs think....(katy)

katysails

Thanks THom....that's what I wanted to know...

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Katie,

My boat is wearing one right now. Not as good as the Custom but you can
walk in and walk out with one.

I have the large one and I do have it on with Lazy Jacks.

Not as pretty but works just fine.

Ole Thom
P/S check the webpage on the picture "Sturdy Craft"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

katysails

Dogs are excellent human trainers...

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Kate,

You're right; Obedience is for the Dog. I obey her very well.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Kate,

If you're thinking of using a standard cover with "Jacks" there is a
very easy and good solution,

My jacks hook unto eyes on each side of the Boom (Three on each side.)
I take the starboard jacks under the boom and hook them to the port
eyes. I do the same with the Port side jacks, under and to the starboard
eyes.

I let them hang loose until I fit the cover and slide the bottom under
the boom(Following the Jack lines) This creates a double fold under the
boom and sail. By the way, I've stopped using sail ties. When the
bottoms are in place I take up on the Jacks, sealing the folds.
I just take them up enough to snug them. Kate, you can't get the bottoms
full folds because of the sheet leads and vang but you can tuck them
pretty well. I then position the boom with the topping lift and the main
sheet traveler, which is tighten by the main sheet.

If you go with WM and you need any help I'm as close as your keyboard
and my new camera is ready at the other end.

Good Luck However,
Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage