Thom Stewart

Katie,

My boat is wearing one right now. Not as good as the Custom but you can
walk in and walk out with one.

I have the large one and I do have it on with Lazy Jacks.

Not as pretty but works just fine.

Ole Thom
P/S check the webpage on the picture "Sturdy Craft"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

Kate,

You're right; Obedience is for the Dog. I obey her very well.

Ole Thom

Capt. Neal®

"Thom Stewart" chortled:

Katie,

My boat is wearing one right now. Not as good as the Custom but you can
walk in and walk out with one.

I have the large one and I do have it on with Lazy Jacks.

Not as pretty but works just fine.

Ole Thom,

Your mainsail cover looks like CRAP! It doesn't even cover the underside
of the sail/boom. You could do better wrapping it in that junk, blue-poly
tarp K-Mart sells. Sunlight reflected off the water is reducing that new,
inefficient, loose-footed sail of yours to an old, inefficient, rotten-footed
sail as we speak.

I guess you don't realize the dangers of sunlight reflected off the water????
Maybe it's because the sun rarely shines up there in the northwest?

Next time, try spending some money on a custom-made sail cover of Sunbrella
brand polyester like you see covering the fine, custom-made, Hong Kong Sailmakers
mainsail on my fine yacht.

For your viewing pleasure, Old Boy! http://captneal.homestead.com/Sheshines.html

CN
Joe

Capt you are indeed correct about reflected sun. However dont you have
problems with such a lose fit cover rubbing and wearing away your
chinese sails. I would half hitch a line along your whole boom to snug
up the fit.

Also Sunbrella makes a nice Sunburst yellow color that would look way
better on your boat then that crappy blue you see on most boats.

Joe

Joe

Bob,

Your wrong, Sunbrella stops all UV no matter the color.

And the angle of reflection from wave varies great enough to be a
factor.

Get back to changing diaper, something you know about.

Joe

Capt. Neal®

Get out your protractor, Billy Boy. Sunlight can reflect off the water through twenty
degrees on either side of the hull during mid-day when the sun is the strongest and
potentially damage the foot of any mainsail not tightly covered by a proper mainsail
cover. That's an hour of sun on either side. That's two hours a day too much.

CN

wrote in message ...
On 3 Mar 2005 13:59:26 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

Capt you are indeed correct about reflected sun. However dont you have
problems with such a lose fit cover rubbing and wearing away your
chinese sails. I would half hitch a line along your whole boom to snug
up the fit.

Also Sunbrella makes a nice Sunburst yellow color that would look way
better on your boat then that crappy blue you see on most boats.

Joe

Bad advice from (big surprise!) the rustcloud. Light colored sunbrella does not
block UV nearly as well as dark. It's a much more serious consideration than the
very minor (comical really) issue of reflections from the water, which due to
the width of the hull, are unlikely to every meet the sail.

BB

Thom Stewart

Neal.

To put it kindly as I can; YOU ARE FULL OF ****!

Please look at the picture of my boat in the water (Not up on Jacks.)

The one in the water is the new main with the new sail cover.

Cripes Neal you're as ignorant at reading as you are about Boom Repair
and Shelve Equip. Main operation

You better write another post and consider yourself in with the Lubbers
:^)

That would be Picture #7. I hope you can count to 7. That is all the
fingers on one hand plus 2 on the other'

Click on the address below and when the pictures show up scroll down
them one finger at a time. When all the fingers are used up on one hand
then scroll two more. That is 7. That is the picture of my boat, in the
water, with the WM sail cover on my new main, and the Lazy jacks. If you
can see any sail or boom ( MINE DOES"NT"T BEND IN THE MIDDLE) you also
need your eyes examined. Your eyes may be OK, just clouded with BS

Ole Thom,
P/S now do it and let me know if you did it correctly. I hope I don't
have to call for the "Short" bus to take you to some Post Grad work in
the "Special Ed" system

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Capt. Neal®

This is the picture I looked at and I still say your sail cover looks like crap!

http://community-2.webtv.net/tassail.../mailedD10.jpg

Then I looked at this one and was even more horrified:

http://community-2.webtv.net/tassail...iles/mailedD15

Don't try to tell me that sail cover keeps sun off the foot of your sail, Ole Thom,
it's a skinny, little joke of a mainsail cover.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
[...]

Capt. Neal®

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message ...
This is the picture I looked at and I still say your sail cover looks like crap!

http://community-2.webtv.net/tassail.../mailedD10.jpg

Then I looked at this one and was even more horrified:

http://community-2.webtv.net/tassail...iles/mailedD15

Sorry, the .jpg got dropped off. Try this one, please.
http://community-2.webtv.net/tassail.../mailedD15.jpg

CN

Thom Stewart

Neal,

You cerantly proved my point. You can't read. I said not the one one
the "JACK"

I have a call in for the "Short Bus" for the Special Ed people. Listen
for the Beep, Beep of the horn. It will be for you.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage