Capt. Neal®

Default 36 foot S2 Center Cockpit cruising yacht

A ladyfriend of mine who shall remain nameless is looking at a 1981
36' S2 Center Cockpit cruiser.

One can be seen he www.sailorswarf.com

Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with this model S2 or
S2's in general. I have heard they are middle-of-the-road as far as
quality. Better than a Hunter but worse than a Pearson, for example.

Are there any known issues when used as a coastal cruiser?

CN

Capt. Mooron

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

One can be seen he www.sailorswarf.com

Try www.sailorswharf.com

CM

JG

Neal was trying to spell barf.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:21:05 -0500, Capt. Neal®
wrote:

A ladyfriend of mine who shall remain nameless is looking at a 1981
36' S2 Center Cockpit cruiser.

One can be seen he www.sailorswarf.com

Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with this model S2 or
S2's in general. I have heard they are middle-of-the-road as far as
quality. Better than a Hunter but worse than a Pearson, for example.

Are there any known issues when used as a coastal cruiser?

CN

Well, between the date on the photos, and the slathering of red paint
all over the engine, I'd guess it's a grossly underpriced and fabulous
boat and they are beating off potential buyers with an oar. Paint the
topsides puke yellow and the refit will be complete!

Oh... as a point of reference for you lubbers, it's spelled wHarf, not
warf.

BB

Wally

"JG" wrote in message
Neal was trying to smell like barf.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

JG

I'm betting that he doesn't have to try all that hard.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Wally" wrote in message
k...
"JG" wrote in message
Neal was trying to smell like barf.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

SAIL LOCO

S2 is better than both Hunter and Pearson. The S2 30' center cockpit is called
the 9.2C. The aft cockpit is the 9.2. If your buddy doesn't need a bathtub
or a wheel the 9.1 is a better boat. Lighter, bigger rig and the interior is
just as nice.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
John Cairns

wrote:

A ladyfriend of mine who shall remain nameless is looking at a 1981
36' S2 Center Cockpit cruiser.

One can be seen he www.sailorswarf.com

Does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with this model S2 or
S2's in general. I have heard they are middle-of-the-road as far as
quality. Better than a Hunter but worse than a Pearson, for example.

Are there any known issues when used as a coastal cruiser?

CN

Well, between the date on the photos, and the slathering of red paint
all over the engine, I'd guess it's a grossly underpriced and fabulous
boat and they are beating off potential buyers with an oar. Paint the
topsides puke yellow and the refit will be complete!

Oh... as a point of reference for you lubbers, it's spelled wHarf, not
warf.

BB

Odd that Neal still hasn't figured out how to do the old cut and paste bit.

John Cairns

Thom Stewart

Neal,

They are a pretty damn nice boat. Built very well for coastal cruising.
For my taste's they overdid it on chopping up the interior for
accomodations but that is me. For a women the added privacy could be a
plus.

A nice turn of speed. Even when loaded. Fairly windward and handles
well.

There was one in our Cruising Club and was very well thought of.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Capt. Neal®

Thanks, Thom for the reasoned feedback..

Everybody else was too ignorant to do anything other
than post lame crap.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Neal,

They are a pretty damn nice boat. Built very well for coastal cruising.
For my taste's they overdid it on chopping up the interior for
accomodations but that is me. For a women the added privacy could be a
plus.

A nice turn of speed. Even when loaded. Fairly windward and handles
well.

There was one in our Cruising Club and was very well thought of.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Capt. Mooron

**** Off... I fixed your damned link....
Next time post a firiggin' link to the boat.

CM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
Thanks, Thom for the reasoned feedback..
Everybody else was too ignorant to do anything other
than post lame crap.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Neal,

They are a pretty damn nice boat. Built very well for coastal cruising.
For my taste's they overdid it on chopping up the interior for
accomodations but that is me. For a women the added privacy could be a
plus.

A nice turn of speed. Even when loaded. Fairly windward and handles
well. There was one in our Cruising Club and was very well thought of.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

The future of yacht design - myth number 2. Frank ASA 2 June 28th 04 03:40 PM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
cruising vs liveaboard boats JAXAshby Cruising 2 February 3rd 04 11:22 AM
16 foot center console Vvmfuno General 1 October 27th 03 02:21 PM
NYTimes: Upstairs, Downstairs on the High Seas Newsbase4 Crew 0 August 4th 03 08:29 AM