SAIL LOCO

Looky look! The guy with the ugly Express 30 thinks the S2 is nice!!! Then
he
gives info for the 30 when Neal asked for the 36!!!

I don't believe Neal was the original poster bud. The original poster asked
about the 30 AND the 36. As usual your looking like the jerk you are here.
LOL.............
BTW, I'll stand by my conviction that S2s are better boats than Pearsons.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Bobsprit

BTW, I'll stand by my conviction that S2s are better boats than Pearsons.

Which Pearsons? The Early Albergs? The Wanderers that cross oceans? The proven
cruisers of the early 80's or the suspect late 80's boats?
Which S2's? The really good early eighties ones or the POS late 80's models
before they went to powerboats?

RB
SAIL LOCO

The really good early eighties ones or the POS late 80's models

LOL.................... You always wind up looking stupid. EVERYBODY knows S2s
only got better in the mid eighties when G&S was hired to do the hull designs.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Capt. Neal®

Thanks for the link. Some good info and pics there. If I look at it I'll be
sure to check the deck, especially around all fittings, for water seepage and
rot.

CN

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Looky look! The guy with the ugly Express 30 thinks the S2 is nice!!! Then he
gives info for the 30 when Neal asked for the 36!!!
Then the poor fool actually says it's better than a Pearson? Which pearson???
What an idiot.
Neal, don't you find the S2 36 (known as the 11.0) a bit ghastly with it's
oversized windows (also poorly designed)? That being said, they are well built.
According to my surveyor S2s are about on par with Pearsons and C&Cs of the
same era, though the cored decks have proved to extra vulnerable according to
some owners. The hulls are solid glass. I found the interior cramped when we
checked one out for Thomas.

More info at:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/loosecru...humbnails.html

RB

DSK

Crap'n Neal® wrote:
Thanks for the link. Some good info and pics there. If I look at it I'll be
sure to check the deck, especially around all fittings, for water
seepage and
rot.

Those would be smart things to look at with *any* boat, you moron.

DSK

Capt. Neal®

"DSK" wrote in message ...

Those would be smart things to look at with *any* boat, you moron.

DSK

Any boat? I sure wouldn't waste my time looking for them on a TRAWLER!

CN
Bobsprit

EVERYBODY knows S2s
only got better in the mid eighties when G&S was hired to do the hull
designs.

The last two years of S2s had deck problems GALORE. Everybody knows that. DId
you read Parctical Sailor comments? They got better gear, but NOT better
quality. As S2 steered away from sailing and shut down for power, the boats
suffered.

RB
Bobsprit

Those would be smart things to look at with *any* boat, you moron.

Really, Doug? You look for rot on ANY sailing boat deck?
Interesting.

RB
DSK

Crap'n Neal® wrote:
Any boat? I sure wouldn't waste my time looking for them on a TRAWLER!

Right. Tell me where the chainplates are on a trawler.

Bozo knows more about boats than you.

DSK

DSK

Right. Tell me where the chainplates are on a trawler.

Bobsprit wrote:
I've seen a few trawlers with stayed stablizing rigs, so they had chainplates.
C'mon, Doug. You know better than that.

Did their chainplates go thru the deck?

DSK

The future of yacht design - myth number 2. Frank ASA 2 June 28th 04 03:40 PM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
cruising vs liveaboard boats JAXAshby Cruising 2 February 3rd 04 11:22 AM
16 foot center console Vvmfuno General 1 October 27th 03 02:21 PM
NYTimes: Upstairs, Downstairs on the High Seas Newsbase4 Crew 0 August 4th 03 08:29 AM