Scott Vernon

"bell" wrote in message
Scott Vernon wrote:
I'd like to get a Drifter, but this year I'm getting a
new genny ( I hope).

My tack hook is right below the furler drum. Was
wondering how good those 'ATN Tacker' work.

Scotty

With a drifter and a furler, you really don't want to use the hook.

properly sized snapshackle is a much better choice. If you really

need to
know how I know this, I will explain, but I'd rather not. Think of

the
slackened halyard tension, super light winds, and slowly tacking the
drifter as it's weight slackens the luff.

gotcha.

SV

Scott Vernon

"John Cairns" wrote in message
. ..

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
I'd like to get a Drifter, but this year I'm getting a new genny

( I
hope).

My tack hook is right below the furler drum. Was wondering how

good
those 'ATN Tacker' work.

Scotty

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...83724087CHymmL

Works fairly well, but considering the cost ($75 IIRC) I couldn't

help
thinking afterward that I might have been able to fabricate

something along
the same lines that worked just as well for next to nothing.

That's what I was wondering about (making your own).
Nice pic. Are you Japanese?

Scotty

Scott Vernon

Why did you use a plastic bottle? Why not a wide nylon strap?

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Scott & John,

First; Scotty, About the ATN Tacker. I carvered mine out off a used

Tide
Plastic bottle with a line stitched to the outside with loops to

take a
shackle. If you want one, send me a snail Addy and I'll ship you

one.

Second; John, if you need a down haul a block to the Tack Hook,

which
you're not using, and a line to the tack, thru the block and back to

the
cockpit to a cleat.
Also, John, looking at the picture, you would be much better off

running
your Spinnaker forward of all those lines, with your sheets outside
everything (Both working sheet and lazy sheet) Then Gybbing, you

head up
a bit, let go the working sheet, pull the spinnaker thru to the wind
shadow of the Main. Set the new working sheet, Gybe the Main and

away
you go on the new course

That is another joy off the Cruising Spinnaker. Easy Gybbing, no

pole
and only sheets and down haul, to be set from the cockpit. No one at

the
pointy end of the boat during a Gybe.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

John Cairns

[...]

You like that color scheme? That's what it looks like. Banzai!!!!!!!!!!

John Cairns

BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com

I'm sorry for all the nasty things I said to you THom. It's just that
my butt plug got stuck and I haven't taken a **** in 2 weeks.

BBob

Thom Stewart

I wanted something to keep the loop around the furled jenny, open.

A nylon strap would work but I think you would have to go forward to
adjust the heigth of the downhaul.

As you go higher on the wind you want to lower the Tack and as you
fall-off you want the Tack to rise.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Thom Stewart

BB,

That WOULD make you crazy. It also makes the List correct when they said
you were FULL OF ****!!

It must have affect your eyes also. It has been awhile but neither
Greenport or Sag Harbor is on Gardner's Bay. That Island got its name:
Shelter Island because it protected the Little Peconic from Gardner's
Bay. There is less wind from a Northeaster on the west side but the
Temp and Rain is the same.

Cetrucell is a good solution to your problem. It works for this old man.
With my Neuro-Muscular disorder. I've said it before, and I'll say it
again. In old age a GOOD **** rate pretty damn high in pleasure

By the way, just to increase your Knowledge of ****;; Do you know why a
Terd is tapered on the end?? ( It's to keep your Asshole from snapping
shut and making a clapping noise) See the old man does know ****

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Capt. Neal®

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Cetrucell is a good solution to your problem. It works for this old man.
With my Neuro-Muscular disorder. I've said it before, and I'll say it
again. In old age a GOOD **** rate pretty damn high in pleasure

Right again, you old fart!

Thankfully, I don't need to resort to taking artificial fiber supplement in order
to enjoy taking a good dump. If my stool becomes a little to hard and dried out,
I eat a couple handfuls of golden raisins or a bowl of Raisin Bran and drink a
bunch of beer and the turds come out long, soft, steaming and luxurious.

Reading your post reminded me that I had not yet dumped my load for the morning
so I plonked my fat ass down on the cedar bucket and enjoyed a most excellent
crap - you know, the kind that feels like it is emptying out the old intestines all
the way up to the stomach! You can even feel it sliding past and massaging the
old prostate which is good for the health in that part of an older man's body.

Before dumping the turd overboard, I noticed it was coiled up in the bottom of
the bucket about two and a half times. This would give it a stretched-out length
of about two or two and a half feet. Old Thom, I'm sure you've probably forgotten
how good taking such a massive, quality dump feels. It re-invigorates the whole
body. It's almost as good as sex! Probably far better than sex with the likes of
a Katysails or a Miss Mo'lissa, for example.

CN