Scott Vernon

Why did you use a plastic bottle? Why not a wide nylon strap?

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Scott & John,

First; Scotty, About the ATN Tacker. I carvered mine out off a used

Tide
Plastic bottle with a line stitched to the outside with loops to

take a
shackle. If you want one, send me a snail Addy and I'll ship you

one.

Second; John, if you need a down haul a block to the Tack Hook,

which
you're not using, and a line to the tack, thru the block and back to

the
cockpit to a cleat.
Also, John, looking at the picture, you would be much better off

running
your Spinnaker forward of all those lines, with your sheets outside
everything (Both working sheet and lazy sheet) Then Gybbing, you

head up
a bit, let go the working sheet, pull the spinnaker thru to the wind
shadow of the Main. Set the new working sheet, Gybe the Main and

away
you go on the new course

That is another joy off the Cruising Spinnaker. Easy Gybbing, no

pole
and only sheets and down haul, to be set from the cockpit. No one at

the
pointy end of the boat during a Gybe.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage