Thom Stewart

John

Just added another picture of the Gulf 29 out of the water. when I
published it the same picture came up on the unpublished one that
screwed up the page. Enjoy both. Young pups and old dogs are still
having problems with the "Home Page"

You work it out.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

John Cairns

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
John

Just added another picture of the Gulf 29 out of the water. when I
published it the same picture came up on the unpublished one that
screwed up the page. Enjoy both. Young pups and old dogs are still
having problems with the "Home Page"

You work it out.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

I'm thinking you were working on the page when I tried to look at it the
first time. Noticed the wing keel, will the boat sit upright when the tide
goes out?

John Cairns

Thom Stewart

Crapton Neal;

My main is 160 sq ft. Larger than yours. What is the size of your Hong
Kong Main anyhow? You should be able to give us a very accurate reading
right off your purchase sheet as I did.

My "J" is 11' 10". I carry a 319 sq ft Jenny on a furler. It is a 10-40
HH Regulater 150%

For light air I have a Hild 170% Drifter which is 331 sq ft, which I can
fly free behind the rolled up jenny or I can remove the Jenny and set
the Drifter in the slot on the twin groove furler, for racing purpose in
Cruising Class,

I also, carry a Assy. Spinnaker that falls somewhere in between the
Jenny and the Drifter. Not sure exactly the sq ft ? I've modified it a
few times. Added panels to it between the bottom panel (2) Eased the top
Vertical section some when I put it in the sleeve.

That's my sails. I know my "P" is higher than yours because you told me
the main I offered you was to long. Tell us Neal, what is the size of
Rig?

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Donal

wrote in message

Too bad, Donald. Just like that nearly dead asswipe Thom, I'll continue to

do as
I please. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

I don't killfile .. so I guess that I'll just have to read your drivel.
However, I suspect that everybody else has already killfiled you.

I doubt that I'll respond to you again. You'll fade away like the other
social misfits who had brief moments of fame on ASA. Goodbye.

Regards

Donal

Steve Thomas

Nice boat.
Like a C&C with a pilot house.
The extra windage must seem a small price when the weather is cold and wet.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Steve,

The boat is a "Gulf 29" made by Capital Yachts ( Now out of business) It
is a great boat and Capital was very helpful in semi-customizing it for
me.

Stay tuned in, I'm planning on post some more pictures of the interior
of the Pilothouse and the way I set it up for "Single handed sailing"

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Thom Stewart

John,

Never tried it (Sitting on the wing out of the water.) Damn well don't
intend to try it either. With the wind we have around here know it
wouldn't stay upright

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Thom Stewart

Steve,

You're making a terrible mistake listening to Neal's nonsense. He just
fires for effect.
Look at Pneuma profile as compared to the Catalena 30 moored on the same
finger pier. (Picture number three.) You tell me which boat has the
higher windage.
The Cat 30's cabin and the top of the Pilothouse are at about the same
height. The pilothouse is a lot lower than the Cat 30's Dodger.

Now go forward of the Pilothouse. "Pneuma's profile is lower than the
Cat 30 for about 10 to 12 feet.

Now go to Neal's Web and look at "Mustard's" coach profile. Pneumatic
windage is probably lower than Neal's raised Aft Cabin and he is two
foot shorter overall. Just compare the window size in both cabins.

About half his statements made about boat are without basic facts. They
are meant to create discussion, such as this. Don't believe anything he
posts. It mostly misleading to at times pure BS.

But; he is our Crapton regardless!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Thom Stewart

Steve,

The "Gulf 29" is much more like the "Newport 30". That is the Hull it
is biult up from. There is some difference
in the stern

Neal, is you are reading this you go to picture #3 and tell me that sail
cover is to small?

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Bart Senior

I've frozen too many times on boats.
On my coldest trip it hit 22 degrees and ice
was freezing on the deck. The little propane
heater on board was not working. We ran
the engine partly for the heat, mostly the get
the job done quickly.

What is the coldest you've seen Thom?

At temperatures below freezing I'd certainly
have a diesel cabin heater. And better yet a
heated pilothouse.

**********

Pelagic--triple roller head sails rigging, aluminum
hull.

Scroll down to the picture of the bow over the
Humpback.

http://www.pelagic.co.uk/charter/antarct.htm

**********
I've frozen too many times on boats.

On my coldest trip it hit 22 degrees and ice
was freezing on the deck. The little propane
heater on board was not working. We ran
the engine partly for the heat, mostly the get
the job done quickly.

What is the coldest you've seen Thom?

Bart

"Thom Stewart" wrote

Real sailors don't have to huddle inside the cabin around a homemade
heater at 50 degrees.

We high Latitude sailors sail for the pure pleasure of sailing.