BoatBanter.com

-   -   "Sea" of Michigan! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26401-%22sea%22-michigan.html)

JG December 24th 04 07:42 AM

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JG" wrote in message

Try going and ****ing yourself... just like your hero Chumpy..

DSK December 24th 04 04:16 PM

OzOne wrote:
Ahhhh, you need to have a look at some of the stuff out of the
BRL Hardy stable

Why? Do you own it?

...marketed by Constellation in the USA

OK will try it. We need to pick out some wine to bring to folk's houses
when we visit over the holiday. Thanks for the tip.

DSK

DSK December 24th 04 04:24 PM

Crap'n Neal® wrote:
I know enough to understand a balanced sail plan. The only
time a storm trysail is needed is for survival conditions.

And you think that 85 knot winds and 60+ foot breaking waves is... what,
exactly?

Now, getting down to the "balanced sail plan" concept

... Those guys were clearly hove-to and hove-to
sideways to the wind.

???

Do you understand what "hove-to" is? Please explain what you see in this
picture which indicates the yacht is "hove-to."

DSK

DSK December 24th 04 05:11 PM

Scott Vernon wrote:
Better double check that , Doug, it may actually be marketed by
Constitution.

;)

Thanks for the warning. I won't buy the wine if there are metal straps
holding it together and six bilge pumps keeping it afloat.

DSK

Scott Vernon December 24th 04 06:01 PM

"DSK" wrote in message
Scott Vernon wrote:
Better double check that , Doug, it may actually be marketed by
Constitution.

;)

Thanks for the warning. I won't buy the wine if there are metal

straps
holding it together and six bilge pumps keeping it afloat.

I understand they import it to Balstonmore.
--
Merry Christmas......
Scotty

Lady Pilot December 26th 04 05:28 AM

OzOne wrote :

Ahhhh, you need to have a look at some of the stuff out of the
BRL Hardy stable...marketed by Constellation in the USA

Ah, don't leave me in suspense like you do...name them or give me a URL
(link).

Thanks,

LP

Lady Pilot December 26th 04 05:30 AM

"Maxprop" wrote:

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote:

So will I. There's a lot of rhetoric around here about how great fresh
water is and all that. I'll take the salt any day. It's clearer,
cleaner, and I can actually float in it.

I'm just wondering why my salt scrub from Switzerland costs so much.

Because it's from Switzerland?

Well, I buy it at cost because I'm a distributor, but it's still too damn
expensive.

Maybe I should just go sailing in the ocean and save the money?

Only if you live there. Visiting for a "salt scrub" might make the Swiss
stuff look cheap by comparison.

Did you do the accounting on this?

LP

Lady Pilot December 26th 04 05:31 AM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

"Lady Pilot" wrote:

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
Yes, Grandma! Bwahahahhahahhahahahhah!

Give them a hug for me. I don't have any
children or grandchildren with whom to
enjoy Christmas. Bah, humbug!

Not until now, at least... ;-)

LP

Yikes!

Oh my! Don't think I like the sound of that.

Don't tell me you're pregnant.

Garn, it couldn't have been me. You couldn't know so
soon. It's only been a week or two since we first
enjoyed each other's company in bed . . .

Gotta think. Mmmmm. Oh boy. Ahhhhhh.

Ah HA!, now I think I understand why Moroon has run
away and is hiding . . . It's not mine - it's Moroon's.

That scoundrel, that scalawag, that cad, that gigolo.

A duel, I demand a duel!

What kind of knife do you intend to use? rofl

LP

Lady Pilot December 26th 04 05:32 AM

"Maxprop" wrote:

Katy seems convinced that Neal is real, but I'm not convinced he's
anything more than a smelly old gym sock on someone else's hand, all
painted up with a lipstick mouth and two Sharpie eye spots.

But I've heard the Great Captain's voice...do sockpuppets have a voice?

LP ;-)

Maxprop December 26th 04 06:12 AM

OzOne wrote in message

Ahhhh, you need to have a look at some of the stuff out of the
BRL Hardy stable...marketed by Constellation in the USA

Is that the vintner: BRL Hardy? We make a semi-monthly trip to a monster
wine merchandiser in Chicago, and a trip is coming up soon. If it's
available here, they'll have it.

Max