BoatBanter.com

-   -   Capt. Neal is back? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/25389-capt-neal-back.html)

Scott Vernon December 14th 04 05:10 AM

Don't flatter yourself.

Scotty

"katysails" wrote in message
Well, you should be more clear when you respond...you implied OUR by

the way
you replied....I was greatly shocked and was about to call Lisa

right away
and tell her you had converted to Mormonism...

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
MY marriage, to MY wife.

"katysails" wrote in message
Huh? I'm not married to you...(gadzooks...)

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
That's what our marriage is based on.
;)

"katysails" wrote ...
No...I think power and obedience are the answers....

Nav December 14th 04 05:22 AM

My you are a bit grumpy today. What's wrong, why not share your problems
with us... ?

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:

Don't flatter yourself.

Scotty

Scott Vernon December 14th 04 05:28 AM

There, that better?

"Nav" wrote in message
My you are a bit grumpy today. What's wrong, why not share your

problems
with us... ?

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:

Don't flatter yourself. ;)

Nav December 14th 04 05:29 AM

And if does not then what? No, you need a navigator to give you
direction and purpose to your journey. Without a navigator you are lost.
Even primitive people recognize this -they call them spirit guides and
similar.

Cheers

katysails wrote:

You can hope the sound will bounce off something.....

"Nav" wrote in message

So, what good will shouting do when you don't know where you are or where
you are going?

Cheers

katysails wrote:

No...I think power and obedience are the answers....You going to argue or
do I get out the boots?

"Nav" wrote in message

Do you not think navigation is the key to everything?

Cheers

katysails wrote:

You do not captain your own boat? You only stand as navigator? Pretty
problematic when you're singlehanding, I'd say...

"Nav" wrote in message

Of course she is.

Cheers

katysails wrote:

??? Ella's not yours????

"Nav" wrote in message

I call myself Nav. beacuse I am not the Captain, just a member of the
crew. In that regard I may be unusual as there many Captains here.

To answer your second question, the number of sailors who can
navigate well by DR is small.

Now, why do you call yourself "Lady"

Cheers

Lady Pilot wrote:

"Nav" wrote:

Why will Katy be offended? Seriously, I'd like to know why some
women call themselves 'lady' something on the web.

Seriously, I'd like to know why some sailor would call themselves
'nav' something on the web.

Are there many sailors out there that can't navigate?

LP

Nav December 14th 04 05:31 AM

sigh, typos so many typos.

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:

Here, that's better?

"Nav" wrote in message

My you are a bit grumpy today. What's wrong, why not share your

problems

with us... ?

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:

Don't flatter yourself. ;)

katysails December 14th 04 11:58 AM

But why limit yourself?

katysails wrote:

You do not captain your own boat? You only stand as navigator?
Pretty problematic when you're singlehanding, I'd say...

"Nav" wrote in message

Of course she is.

Cheers

katysails wrote:

??? Ella's not yours????

Lady Pilot December 23rd 04 07:15 AM

"Nav" wrote:

Bell wrote:
(Questioning look here)

You'd call yourself "Nav" just so you could know where you are?

Try re-reading my post slowly?

rofl...Nav tells someone to read for comprehension?

LP (too funny!)

Nav wrote:

How about knowing where he is?

Cheers

Bell wrote:

He's trying to impress himself?
He thinks he'll impress others?
He thinks he's the only one that knows anything about navigation?
The reasons are endless......

Lady Pilot December 23rd 04 07:17 AM

"Nav" wrote:
I call myself Nav. beacuse I am not the Captain, just a member of the crew.
In that regard I may be unusual as there many Captains here.

Are you first officer for Bertie or does your anorexic woman own the keys to
your sailboat?

To answer your second question, the number of sailors who can navigate
well by DR is small.

Very true!

Now, why do you call yourself "Lady"

Because I am...