Vito

"Recobee" wrote
I think not! Its time to face facts. Patriotism and a sense of duty have

gone
out the window. How many of the young men that are now serving in the

NATIONAL
GUARD, etc., are there because of a sense of duty? What percentage of

them
expected they would be fighting and dying on foreign soil to protect their
country? How many women generals know what it means to dig out a bloody
victory? How many women MP's know how to guard prisoners?

I live near a major Guard and Spl Forces training facility. ALL of the
guardsmen I've met have a strong sense of duty. And when it comes to being
mean and hard you obviously don't know many young women. A bike club once
tied a miscreant to a metal bedsprings with a old ford coil hooked you know
where. Anybody could 'push his button' for a quarter. Guess which sex did
all the pushing.

....... I am upset when I see men and women, led by a
women general incapable of properly guarding prisoners. I am upset when I

see
men and women refusing an order because they think it's to dangerous. I

am
upset when I see men and women crying to mommy that their equipment isn't

good
enough.

Then get used to it. A couple kids on our local ROTC shooting team are back
from their second tours as snipers in the Marine Reserves. Both killed
people without qualm as ordered. Both privately told me that they had to
say they didn't like it to calm folks back home. The girl didn't like
packing the heavy 50 cal rifle but loved the effect that blowing a terrorist
apart with it from half a mile away had on his buddies (c:

Are prisoners escaping in droves? No? Then what's this 'incapable' BS. If
you are sniviling about maltreating prisoners I'd remind you that SecDef
Rumsfeld ignored JAG admonishments to encourage the "atrocities" then left
the grunts, male and female, to take the heat when they followed his
"advise". What can we expect with leaders like that? Oh! That's right!!
You voted for more of the same!!! And your sis P-whipped you? Go ahead and
blame the women MPs then.

A kid I talked to recalled his squad busting into a building full of
mujahadeen. The point man thru the door took 3 AK rounds in the chest before
killing his attacker. He walked away, albiet sore, because he had the latest
vest. The rest of the squad did not. I'd do some ****ing and moaning too
were I one of them. I recall a lot of complaints about M-16s jamming in
'nam too. I suppose those guys were sissies too?

AFAIK nobody refused an order because it was dangerous. A fuel delivery
crew did refuse to deliver bad fuel to combat vehicles - not because of
danger to themselves but because the bad fuel would put the combat troops in
*unnessary* danger.

... I know that there are a significant
number of hardass patriotic men that do in fact serve, but not enough of

them.

G. Witless Bush and Don Rummyfeld disagree. "Enough of them" would have
been the 300 - 500,000 General Shinseki said we'd need, not just to topple
Saddam but to *secure the peace*. But G.Witless and Rummy only sent
140,000, thus allowing Al Qaeda agents to follow our troops in and loot
Saddam's weapons stashes for the crap now being used to kill our boys - and
perhaps to bomb your kids' school next month. Its the 3 stooges -LBJ,
Westmoreland and McNamara -all over again! And when the protests begin you
can blame them too.

Vito

"Joe" wrote

After all how can you chose a commander and chief if you do not have a
clue what it's all about.

Joe
USS Samuel Gompers AD-37

Bwahahahaha! Jeeze stop, my poor old busted up ribs hurt. An AD?? Can you
say REMF?

Recobee

When writting about the decline of the military,

Bobspud sputters:

And it's taken many years of awful leadership to make this happen.

Yes, I'd say about 8 years...When Hillary ran the government. You know, the
don't ask don't tell years.
Recobee

Vito tells us:

I live near a major Guard and Spl Forces training facility. ALL of the
guardsmen I've met have a strong sense of duty.

All of the RESERVE or all of the Spec OPS. There is a BIG difference. And how
many is ALL anyway?

And as far as those mean young biker women, how many of them served in the
armed forces? And for how long? And what do they think of the National Guard?
Do they go out with any of them? And who was the miscreant? What service did
he serve in?

Bobsprit

And it's taken many years of awful leadership to make this happen.

Yes, I'd say about 8 years...When Hillary ran the government. You know, the
don't ask don't tell years.

Dems and republicans are really in outer space with dumb posts that try to
claim full credit for longer term succeses or lay all the blame for problems.
I see that you're one of those idiots. Congrats!

RB

Scott Vernon

You really want people like ganz & bob in the military?

SV

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
(Recobee) wrote in message

I agree 100% recobee.

Infact I think if your not willing to serve and protect your country
then you should not be allowed to vote.

After all how can you chose a commander and chief if you do not have

clue what it's all about.

Joe
USS Samuel Gompers AD-37

Ganz thinks so!

I think not! Its time to face facts. Patriotism and a sense of

duty have gone
out the window. How many of the young men that are now serving in

the NATIONAL
GUARD, etc., are there because of a sense of duty? What

percentage of them
expected they would be fighting and dying on foreign soil to

protect their
country? How many women generals know what it means to dig out a

bloody
victory? How many women MP's know how to guard prisoners?

I suspect that many of them figured this was a weekend job, and

that at most
they would be called out to help in some sort of national

disaster, not have to
shoot and kill or be killed. I am upset when I see men and

women, led by a
women general incapable of properly guarding prisoners. I am

upset when I see
men and women refusing an order because they think it's to

dangerous. I am
upset when I see men and women crying to mommy that their

equipment isn't good
enough.

Am I slamming the military? I suppose so. I know that there are

a significant
number of hardass patriotic men that do in fact serve, but not

enough of them.
And we really need to make every one serve, and every one learn

just what it
means to be a patriot.

That's not a football team in Massachusetts.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
You really want people like ganz & bob in the military?

Well, Elvis, it couldn't be any worse than someone like you.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Joe

"Vito" wrote in message ...
"Joe" wrote

After all how can you chose a commander and chief if you do not have a
clue what it's all about.

Joe
USS Samuel Gompers AD-37

Bwahahahaha! Jeeze stop, my poor old busted up ribs hurt. An AD?? Can you
say REMF?

To hard to pronounce..

And without AD's the rest of the fleet would just fall apart.

I was on a Sprunce class destroyer the David R Ray until I went to ABC
school and the Navy needed my skills more on a AD.

Joe
Joe

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
You really want people like ganz & bob in the military?

Good point.

Joe

SV

"Joe" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Joe wrote:
"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
I have a point on the top of my head.

Good point.

Joe

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

OT- Ode to Immigration Harry Krause General 83 July 27th 04 06:37 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
For Ganz and anybody else with MTV-shortened memories. Simple Simon ASA 1 July 22nd 03 07:20 AM
What to love about the United States. jlrogers ASA 35 July 7th 03 03:21 PM