DSK

What's an AD?

Joe wrote:
It's a class of destroyer tender.
Mine now lays at the bottom of the Atlantic
http://www.usssamuelgompers.org

Sunk by the USS Cole! Ah well the ship had a good life and served well.

I have memories (some good, some not so much) of being alongside tenders
in a few places like Catana Sicily.

DSK

gonefishiing

was the american navy in sicily other then during WWII?

catana is ok
chuica is incredible
acrogento and segesta are both magical
gf.

"DSK" wrote in message
I have memories (some good, some not so much) of being alongside tenders
in a few places like Catana Sicily.

DSK

DSK

gonefishiing wrote:
was the american navy in sicily other then during WWII?

Guess so, I was there twice.

catana is ok
chuica is incredible
acrogento and segesta are both magical

I didn't get to spend much time ashore, but did get a to ride around the
countryside a little. It's a gorgeous place.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Joe

DSK wrote in message .. .
What's an AD?

Joe wrote:
It's a class of destroyer tender.
Mine now lays at the bottom of the Atlantic
http://www.usssamuelgompers.org

Sunk by the USS Cole!

Yeah that made us all feel a little better about her going deep 6.

It was the first trip out for the USS Cole after she was repaired.

Ah well the ship had a good life and served well.

Yes she did. I still think they pulled the trigger a little to soon.

I have memories (some good, some not so much) of being alongside tenders
in a few places like Catana Sicily.

Must of been the Dixie eh?

DSK

Joe
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
and the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy.

SV

Something you take advantage of on a frequent basis no doubt.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

DSK

I have memories (some good, some not so much) of being alongside tenders
in a few places like Catana Sicily.

Joe wrote:
Must of been the Dixie eh?

Hate to admit, I don't remember for sure. It might have been the
Yosemite. I remember many of the people, for good & bad... a female JG
who could not get a clue... an MR1 (shipboard machinist) who agreed to
make me a few custom parts and went an extra mile to make sure "his"
stuff worked properly... the female bos'un's mate crane boss swinging a
turbine forced draft blower between ships... it's been a lotta years.

Regards
Doug King

Vito

"Recobee" wrote in message
When writting about the decline of the military,

Bobspud sputters:

And it's taken many years of awful leadership to make this happen.

Yes, I'd say about 8 years...When Hillary ran the government. You know,

the
don't ask don't tell years.

Don't let Christian sexuality cloud your perceptions. Julius Ceasar was one
of history's most effective an popular generals yet he was known as the
husband of every woman and the wife of every man in Rome. He was a true
omnisexual - if he wasn't screwing it, it was because it was screwing him.

Vito

"Recobee" wrote in message
Vito tells us:

I live near a major Guard and Spl Forces training facility. ALL of the
guardsmen I've met have a strong sense of duty.

All of the RESERVE or all of the Spec OPS. There is a BIG difference.

And how
many is ALL anyway?

Didn't I say "all of the guardsmen"? About two dozen, casually.

And as far as those mean young biker women, how many of them served in the
armed forces? And for how long?

Two did full hitches in the USMC, one is a lifer last I heard.

And what do they think of the National Guard?

Never asked

Do they go out with any of them?

How should I know?

And who was the miscreant? What service did he serve in?

Miscreant???

OT- Ode to Immigration Harry Krause General 83 July 27th 04 06:37 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM
For Ganz and anybody else with MTV-shortened memories. Simple Simon ASA 1 July 22nd 03 07:20 AM
What to love about the United States. jlrogers ASA 35 July 7th 03 03:21 PM