katysails

Ours does state replacement but they interpreted that to mean that 18 year
old instruments were not replaceable....

"John Cairns" wrote in message
m...
Again, I think it depends on your policy. The first guy I used to crew

with
had all of his instruments replaced free of charge by his insurer after a
lightning strike. You might consider looking at your policy and

considering
replacing it with an another that covers replacement. I sailed with a gal

on
"Quetzal" this past March that lost her boat in Isabel, she ddin't have an
agreed value policy, didn't collect enough money to replace the boat.
John Cairns
"katysails" wrote in message
Not so, says a voice of experience....when we had out little problem,

the
adjustor said that they would only replace at the cost of 1986

instruments,
because that's what they were, and would not replace at the current
replacement cost. We were very PO'd (one of the reasons we've just now
finally got everything replaced).
"John Cairns" wrote in message
m...
Where's the pity? AFAIK, if your boat is damaged by lightning your

insurance
should cover it, a great way to upgrade your electronics without

spending
any of your own money.
John Cairns
OooooozeOne wrote in message
The strikes in the marina, though very few, have all as far as I
recall been on protected boats.

Pity the ones alongside are affected by the discharge and also

suffer
some damage to electronics.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

John Cairns

"katysails" wrote in message
Ours does state replacement but they interpreted that to mean that 18 year
old instruments were not replaceable....

Hey, how about a heads up. Do you have CNA? If so, I'm going out shopping
for new insurance.
John Cairns

gonefishiing

vito? no.
but as a kid, i remember the name jimmy was brought up often.

BTW: that would be concrete shoes not cement .
trust me on that one.

gf.

great day sailing yesterday-- a great day -period.

Scott Vernon

Yes, it was. Monday was nice too, but not as much wind.

Scotty

"gonefishiing" wrote in message
vito? no.
but as a kid, i remember the name jimmy was brought up often.

BTW: that would be concrete shoes not cement .
trust me on that one.

gf.

great day sailing yesterday-- a great day -period.

underway lightning ground Parallax Cruising 14 August 6th 04 05:44 PM
lightning grounds Parallax Cruising 30 February 5th 04 02:13 AM
Lightning protection for a small cruiser? Dynaplate? Metal wishbone mast? J Pole antenna? SaltDiver Boat Building 2 September 8th 03 12:41 AM
[PIX] Tree in my yard EXPLODED when hit by LIGHTNING Ignoramus11219 General 3 August 14th 03 10:43 PM