Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

What's with this new proclivity for posting negativity?
It seems a bit beneath the Tim I know,

I have to admit, the topic was last electrocuted a goodly time
ago

If you deem your recent luck, means your boat cannot be struck,
snipo

As far as I can see, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't as
regards putting in proteciton.

snip

By other posters I've been jolted, though you're first to wish me bolted,

Can I ask first where you would like the bolts? (through the neck
is traditional)

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

well, from what I've seen, it's ugly but quick.
Scout

All right, I'll bite. Who was it, where, when, how, aftermath,
who cleaned up? SPare us none of the crusty crispy details.
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Scout

surprise me!
http://scout235.tripod.com/cows_scaring_sailors.jpg
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
[snip]
Can I ask first where you would like the bolts? (through the neck
is traditional)

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

JAXAshby

swcount, you are a high school student's limited mind. read just a single book
and now you are an expert.

and swcount, don't quote Sailor Al out from left field. it makes you look stew
ped.

Then your argument is not with me, but with Albert Einstein, who said,
"Mathematics is the language of the Universe."
I'm not ever sure how you can suggest the mathematics and physics can be
separated.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
scout, this has been hashed and rehashed here so many times you need to

only do
a search and come up to speed.

scout, a lighnting strike can have One Hundred MILLION volts or more.

your
punny efferts to divert it are of no consequence.

scout, the term you wished to use was "physics", not "mathematics".

scout, I suggest you buy a St Christoher medal and be done with it. for

it is
fact of physics that nothing is better than a St Chris medal. nothing.

Electricity never behaves erratically, only logically, following very

strict
rules that can be defined mathematically.
Is it your opinion that protection is impossible? Or are you saying

adequate
protection is impractical?
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?

nobody. nada. zip. squat. zero. though I suppose you can find some
people
who hope and pray they spent enough money to do so, but they didn't.

God
is
gonna get 'em anyway.

Scout

It was 30 years ago, almost to the day. I was an 18 year old tough guy
working a summer job to make some book money for college. I was working the
7AM-3PM shift at a factory called Strick Trailer. An August storm, born of
high heat and humidity, was upon us. A co-worker had ridden his Harley
motorcycle to the factory that morning, but his wife, concerned for his
safety, had driven the 60 miles from their home at the Jersey Shore to pick
up him and his bike with their truck.
Ah, irony. At 3:05, as we ran to our cars to avoid the drenching, I saw him
so loud that all the War Vets instinctively dropped to the asphalt. It took
a second or two before I heard the screams of his wife. I ran over to the
truck to help, as did a few others.
I'm no doctor, but this man was dead dead dead. His eyes looked like big
fried eggs. He smelled like a cross between burning chemicals and roast
beef. His hair and his clothes were smoking. His bike was charred, as was
the back of his truck.
The ambulance showed up and took him away. I made my way across Rt 1 to a
go-go bar known for serving minors. I drank heavily and played pool, vaguely
aware that naked girls were smiling at me for dollars. I looked at their
bare breasts and saw only his big fried egg eyes. Somehow I got home, puked
in the driveway, slept out back in a lawn chair and woke up in time for work
the next morning.
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
Scout wrote:

well, from what I've seen, it's ugly but quick.
Scout

All right, I'll bite. Who was it, where, when, how, aftermath,
who cleaned up? SPare us none of the crusty crispy details.
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Scout

No Jax, I'm a licensed, certified Science teacher (as well as English). I
also have 25 years experience working with electricity. If I look stupid to
you, it's because you are confused.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?

nobody. nada. zip. squat. zero. though I suppose you can find

some
people
who hope and pray they spent enough money to do so, but they didn't.

God
is
gonna get 'em anyway.

Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

No Jax, I'm a licensed, certified Science teacher (as well as English). I
also have 25 years experience working with electricity. If I look stupid to
you, it's because you are confused.
Scout

Shouldn't that have read:- "If I look stupid to you, it's because
you've mistaken your shaving mirror for the monitor again"..?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Scout

It's alive ~~~ IT'S ALIVE!!

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
Oops...
Strike on, strike on, electric pen!
And from these golems, make us men!

(Igor, tonight we must recreate a FLying Tadpole, but this time
we'll leave out the hubris and just stick with the green bubbling
stuff. Now quickly, raise the platform and the lightning rod,
hnnf hnnnf)

Scout wrote:

What's with this new proclivity for posting negativity?
It seems a bit beneath the Tim I know,
If you deem your recent luck, means your boat cannot be struck,
I dare you to rename her, The Trevino!

I beseech you do not boast, with arrogance don't toast,
Hubristically inferring volts won't find you,
For I've seen what's left of men, when God trickle charges them,
A smoking heap of flesh, the smell of stew.

By other posters I've been jolted, though you're first to wish me

bolted,
For bringing up the topic of this force,
Just remember if I'm gaffed,
I'll still have the final laugh,
'Cause your CD buying public's just been halved.

Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
If there were any justice, lightning would strike you for firing
this topic up again. What's next...guns?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

JAXAshby

you are stew ped, scout. I won't go into my credentials, but I assure you no
one would confuse them for that of a junior high science teacher who also
happens to teach English.

btw, if you teach "science" to junior high school kids in much the same way you
ask "science" questions here, Gov Jim McGrevey was right, as in "Fire all the
teachers and replace them with qualified people".

swcount, if you really do have a teacher's license I shudder to think how
ill-informed the next generation will be. The question HAS to asked just why
any state in the Union -- even the poorest state -- would have you teaching
kids.

yuk.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?

nobody. nada. zip. squat. zero. though I suppose you can find

some
people
who hope and pray they spent enough money to do so, but they didn't.
God
is
gonna get 'em anyway.

underway lightning ground Parallax Cruising 14 August 6th 04 05:44 PM
lightning grounds Parallax Cruising 30 February 5th 04 02:13 AM
Lightning protection for a small cruiser? Dynaplate? Metal wishbone mast? J Pole antenna? SaltDiver Boat Building 2 September 8th 03 12:41 AM
[PIX] Tree in my yard EXPLODED when hit by LIGHTNING Ignoramus11219 General 3 August 14th 03 10:43 PM