Scout

God, but you are a buffoon Jax.
I've always pitied you as you seem able to post only dribble. I admit
though, I always read your posts because I enjoy your uncanny ability to
disintegrate in almost any conversation.
But I'll tell you what, I'll match my degrees against yours any day. I went
to one of the best Engineering schools in the country. You, on the other
hand, seem to have gotten through life without even the ability to spell the
simplest of words.
Here's a challenge for you big man: name one fact that I've posted that is
inaccurate and I'll recant (I'll give you plenty of time to look that big
word up).
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
you are stew ped, scout. I won't go into my credentials, but I assure you

no
one would confuse them for that of a junior high science teacher who also
happens to teach English.

btw, if you teach "science" to junior high school kids in much the same

way you
ask "science" questions here, Gov Jim McGrevey was right, as in "Fire all

the
teachers and replace them with qualified people".

swcount, if you really do have a teacher's license I shudder to think how
ill-informed the next generation will be. The question HAS to asked just

why
any state in the Union -- even the poorest state -- would have you

teaching
kids.

yuk.

No Jax, I'm a licensed, certified Science teacher (as well as English). I
also have 25 years experience working with electricity. If I look stupid

you, it's because you are confused.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
swcount, you are a high school student's limited mind. read just a

single
book
and now you are an expert.

and swcount, don't quote Sailor Al out from left field. it makes you

look
stew
ped.

Then your argument is not with me, but with Albert Einstein, who said,
"Mathematics is the language of the Universe."
I'm not ever sure how you can suggest the mathematics and physics can

be
separated.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
scout, this has been hashed and rehashed here so many times you need

only do
a search and come up to speed.

scout, a lighnting strike can have One Hundred MILLION volts or

more.
your
punny efferts to divert it are of no consequence.

scout, the term you wished to use was "physics", not "mathematics".

scout, I suggest you buy a St Christoher medal and be done with it.

for
it is
fact of physics that nothing is better than a St Chris medal.

nothing.

Electricity never behaves erratically, only logically, following

very
strict
rules that can be defined mathematically.
Is it your opinion that protection is impossible? Or are you saying
adequate
protection is impractical?
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?

nobody. nada. zip. squat. zero. though I suppose you can find

some
people
who hope and pray they spent enough money to do so, but they

didn't.
God
is
gonna get 'em anyway.

gonefishiing

yeah , as posted abovemy boat was hit.
on the protection aspect, i'm with katysails.
after looking at the possibilites and methods of providing lightning
protection, it mostly seemed like snake oil
the only thing i did, besides repairing the damage, was to buy a lenght of
chain that i keep in the sertn locker that can be clipped on to the back
stay and dragged in the water.
other than that, a few prayers my come to mind.
gf.

"Scout" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?
Did you make your own modifications or buy a package? What systems are
better than others?
Have you ever been hit?
Scout

Flying Tadpole

Ah well, I did ask.

Scout wrote:

It was 30 years ago, almost to the day. snip

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Capt. Mooron

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
| swcount, if you really do have a teacher's license I shudder to think how
| ill-informed the next generation will be.

Well they cannot possibly achieve the pinnacle of idiocy you have managed to
attain during your tenure here.... of course loco would be a close second.

CM

Scout

McGrevey? Or do you mean Mcgreevey, the corrupt hypocrite who disgraced his
public office and quit? Ohhhh, right right right Jaxie. Well, that picture
is worth a thousand words isn't it? But I want to address your other comment
[included below].

Yes, I do phrase questions in ways that even the simplest of minds can
understand and subsequently participate. It's called "no child left behind"
and it includes students like you. Thanks for validating my style.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote
btw, if you teach "science" to junior high school kids in much the same

way you
ask "science" questions here, Gov Jim McGrevey was right, as in "Fire all

the
teachers and replace them with qualified people".

Seahag

"Scout" wrote:
It was 30 years ago, almost to the day. ...

How awful.

Seahag

SAIL LOCO

How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?.

I've already had one boat hit by lightning so I don't have to worry about it
anymore.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Scott Vernon

Yikes, there's a big T-storm rolling thru here right now. I better put
my foil beanie on and go outside and pray.

Scotty

"katysails" wrote in message
I have had so many experiences with lightning near misses over the

years,
boat and otherwise, that I am positive that is how I am going to end

it
all....
and if you read all the stuff out there, there is really no way

you're going
to protect something that waves a giant metal or wood stick in the

air
screaming "Hit me"...Yacht-L has had some really long winded

discussions on
the subject that cover everything from "cones of disruption" to

sticking a
lightning rod up there....go to their archives and have fun reading

10 years
of ongoing banter....
"Scout" wrote in message
How many folks have lightning "proofed" their boat?
Did you make your own modifications or buy a package? What systems

are
better than others?
Have you ever been hit?
Scout

underway lightning ground Parallax Cruising 14 August 6th 04 05:44 PM
lightning grounds Parallax Cruising 30 February 5th 04 02:13 AM
Lightning protection for a small cruiser? Dynaplate? Metal wishbone mast? J Pole antenna? SaltDiver Boat Building 2 September 8th 03 12:41 AM
[PIX] Tree in my yard EXPLODED when hit by LIGHTNING Ignoramus11219 General 3 August 14th 03 10:43 PM