JAXAshby

Default DR practice

So you're saying the autopilot handled it just fine,

no, I said the autopilot did not handle it fine at all.

but you thought there
was
too much rudder action.

no, I did not say that at all. I did say the autoilot was late with its
corrections, because the boat needed continuous corrections in steering,
predictable as the waves passed over the quarter.

And it was too difficult for a novice like you to
hand
steer?

No, I did say we hand steered because the autopilot couldn't keep up.

Now we understand, you want a heavy displacement, full keel boat
that
will plod along at three knots even if you're dead drunk.

no, actually I prefer a boat that doesn't wallow around in light quartering
seas so badly that the autopilot can't keep up. I have made that same run in a
mono hull (at 8 knots, the same same speed to slightly greater than the cat) in
a bit heavier conditions and the autopilot did a yeoman's job.

let me review it for you, jeffies. catamaran = all of the place in quartering
seas; mono hull = equals straight tracking in similar seas.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
You're the one who said you couldn't steer the boat.

you live in a strange universe, jeffies. that is not what I said. I did

say
the boat wallowed around in quartering seas and was hard to keep going in a
straight line without continuous steering.

I understand this is common for cats, and cat owner sooner begin to think

of
this as "normal".

Jeff Morris

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
let me review it for you, jeffies. catamaran = all of the place in quartering
seas; mono hull = equals straight tracking in similar seas.

Anyone who would make such a generality is proving to the world he is totally
ignorant about boats. Be we all know that.

JAXAshby

nice post, shen. a little above your normal standards, for that you should be
congratulated.

Bysy wysy doodles.

Shen

"Patriot" Act Lance Boyles ASA 1 December 9th 03 07:02 AM
(OT) Limbaugh admits addiction JohnH General 47 October 15th 03 12:09 AM
No One Sailed But Me Bobsprit ASA 13 September 29th 03 06:57 PM
The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks basskisser General 146 August 11th 03 12:44 PM