Bobsprit

Default Marina Woes

You pay $350 for a mooring ball? Sucks to be you.

Horavth's ignorance is showing....again.

RB
Scott Vernon

don't throw a hissy fit. you ragging ?

"Horvath" wrote

you're both off key.

**** you, asshole. I'm never off key. you wouldn't know music if
Jon-boy shoved his bugle up your ass.

Jonathan Ganz

That's what he pays for a single "date."

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You pay $350 for a mooring ball? Sucks to be you.

Horavth's ignorance is showing....again.

RB

Peter Wiley

Well, in my case I don't have the tender service but my mooring is less
than 400m from my house. The beach where I can keep my dinghy is 20m
from my back gate.

Costs me $70 a year.

PDW

In article , Scott Vernon
wrote:

and how close to your house is it?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I'm glad to be at my mooring with tender service between 0800hrs and

2000hrs
as well as a dinghy dock, showers, pump-out, power and water dockside when

require to work on my boat.
That costs me $350 a year..... and the mooring ball is labeled with my
vessel's name.

It must really suck to live in the USA! ;-)

...unless you are a real American like Scotty!

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| that's bogus. glad I own my slip.
|
| SV
|
| "Horvath" wrote in message
| On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:00:39 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
| wrote this crap:
|

| Kitty... that's just plain "WRONG"... you rent the space per time
| frame....
| if I elected to rent a slip and keep no vessel there... they could

not
| rent
| that spot unless they were willing to reimburse me for their daily
rental
| fee against my rental rate. That's the law!
|

| That won't work at my yacht club. If you don't put a boat there, they
| will. And don't even try putting a dingy there, it will be moved.
|

| Pathetic Earthlings! No one can save you now!

Jonathan Ganz

The way it works at our marina is that if you want a break on the rent
and you're not going to use the slip even for as little as a two-day
period, you just let the office know and they'll likely credit your
account for the two days. It's the usual case that there is always
someone who wants a guest dock.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

said:

Kitty... that's just plain "WRONG"... you rent the space per time

frame....
if I elected to rent a slip and keep no vessel there... they could not

rent
that spot unless they were willing to reimburse me for their daily rental
fee against my rental rate. That's the law!

That's a perfectly good analysis of the question. Only problem is it's
probably the wrong question. Before you decide what the legal consequences
of a lease would be, you have to decide whether the contract being
considered is a lease.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Who goes duck hunting with Jamie Gorelick?

katysails

if I elected to rent a slip and keep no vessel there... they could not rent
that spot unless they were willing to reimburse me for their daily rental
fee against my rental rate. That's the law!

Might be Nova Scotia law, but it sure isn't Michigan law....if you rent the
slip and put nothing in it, all you're doing here is giving it away fro
transient fees to the owners.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

if I elected to rent a slip and keep no vessel there... they could not

rent
that spot unless they were willing to reimburse me for their daily rental
fee against my rental rate. That's the law!

Might be Nova Scotia law, but it sure isn't Michigan law....if you rent

the
slip and put nothing in it, all you're doing here is giving it away fro
transient fees to the owners.

I'm beginning to like Nova Scotia law. Didn't you lose some dock lines to
transient boaters, Katy?

Max