Elliott Alterman

Default Reasonably priced florida marina

We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

krj

How far south are planning in January. We are planning to leave Ft.
Lauderdale in January for the BVI.
Kelton
s/v Isle Escape

Elliott Alterman wrote:
We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Rosalie B.

"Elliott Alterman" wrote:

We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are not going to live aboard, St. Mary's Georgia just over the
Florida line is quite reasonable.

grandma Rosalie
Elliott Alterman

We are variable as to how far south we go in October/November. After we
return to the boat in Jan/Feb, we will either head to Marathon and then the
West Coast of Florida, or to the Bahamas.

.. .

Elliott Alterman wrote:
We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and

head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for

those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Glenn A. Heslop

Grandma,

Do you know where I might find contact information for marina's here? We
are just buying a boat in Florida and need a place to store outside of
Florida for a few months to avoid the Florida tax etc. prior to us moving
aboard and underway.

Glenn.

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Elliott Alterman" wrote:

We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and

head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for

those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are not going to live aboard, St. Mary's Georgia just over the
Florida line is quite reasonable.

grandma Rosalie

Skip Gundlach

Glen, contact me offline - I'm in the same process and have all the contacts
in the DOR and the means/modus to make it happen...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize
that you are quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to
you that in the general scheme of things you are merely an
insignificant speck on the surface of the ocean; and are not nearly
so important or as self-sufficient as you thought you were. Which is
an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one that may effect a
permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly appreciated
by your friends." - James S. Pitkin

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Elliott Alterman" wrote:

We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and

head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for

those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are not going to live aboard, St. Mary's Georgia just over the
Florida line is quite reasonable.

grandma Rosalie

Rosalie B.

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote:

Grandma,

Do you know where I might find contact information for marina's here? We
are just buying a boat in Florida and need a place to store outside of
Florida for a few months to avoid the Florida tax etc. prior to us moving
aboard and underway.

I use Skipper Bob's books - not too expensive and you can order them
on the internet or go to someplace like Titusville who stock them. He
will have a new one coming out probably this month. My latest one is
on the boat.

Lang's Marina in St. Mary's GA is not a live-aboard marina. They will
only allow you to live aboard for 30 days a year.

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
"Elliott Alterman" wrote:

We will be taking our sailboat south via the ICW in October and plan to
leave it for a couple of months in Florida, then return in January and

head
further south.

We're looking for recommendations for a reasonably-priced marina for

those
couple of months. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are not going to live aboard, St. Mary's Georgia just over the
Florida line is quite reasonable.

grandma Rosalie

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD