anchorlt

Default Expensive Dockage in Florida Keys

After an absence for more than about three years from Florida Keys, I
just returned from a two week cruise and was more than surprised at
per foot fee at all marinas I wanted to spend a night. Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Florida Keys marinas are unusally busy this time of year. Advance
reservations are advised. (Maybe some are not now going to Bahamas
because of $300 entry fee for boats over 33 feet.)
Doug Dotson

Sounds like a deal to me. Higher in most marinas in Annapolis
and Baltimore.

Doug
s/v Callista

"anchorlt" wrote in message
om...
After an absence for more than about three years from Florida Keys, I
just returned from a two week cruise and was more than surprised at
per foot fee at all marinas I wanted to spend a night. Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Florida Keys marinas are unusally busy this time of year. Advance
reservations are advised. (Maybe some are not now going to Bahamas
because of $300 entry fee for boats over 33 feet.)

Florida Keyz

Just did the mini loop(okeechobee) dockage in ft. meyers, $1.50 ft. Labelle,
ect. $18 a nite, Roland Martins $175, and paid $100 for one nite in Hall of
Fame in Lauderdale.

I am for anchoring out.
Jeff Morris

These were the prices (more or less) I remember from a few years ago. Actually,
I thought Hawk's Cay, while expensive, was a bargain, given that we were paying
about $80 a night, while families we paying $500 for a "villa" 20 feet away.
The Galleon was a similar bargain - not very expensive given the resort setting
in the center of Key West.

Had we not been traveling with our young child we would have sought out less
expensive alternatives, but as it was, I didn't mind spending a few months in
the lap of luxury.

"anchorlt" wrote in message
om...
After an absence for more than about three years from Florida Keys, I
just returned from a two week cruise and was more than surprised at
per foot fee at all marinas I wanted to spend a night. Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Florida Keys marinas are unusally busy this time of year. Advance
reservations are advised. (Maybe some are not now going to Bahamas
because of $300 entry fee for boats over 33 feet.)

JAXAshby

and paid $100 for one nite in Hall of
Fame in Lauderdale.

you like DDD silicone chickies? otherwise why in hell are you in Ft
Liquordale?? you didn't know that?

JAXAshby

not very expensive given the resort setting
in the center of Key West.

from someone who lives in midtown Manhattan and has been to the keys, why in
hell would you care that the Keys cost you more than $25 a night? It ain't
much, dude. you shouldn't expect much.
A-MAze

Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Wow! Quite inflated prices. Marinas in Western Europe usually cost
between USD25-40 (20 euros to 25 UKPounds) for a 36 footer. I always
thought services came cheaper in the US.
An eye-opener indeed. Good to know when I get across.
Victor
Jeff Morris

There are lots of places where the dockage is less - perhaps a dollar a foot or
even less. However, you won't find that in any of the more crowded areas in the
Northeast or Southern Florida. And you certainly won't find it at a luxury
resort (Hawk's Cay) or the very center of a popular destination (the Galleon in
Key West).

"A-MAze" wrote in message
Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Wow! Quite inflated prices. Marinas in Western Europe usually cost
between USD25-40 (20 euros to 25 UKPounds) for a 36 footer. I always
thought services came cheaper in the US.
An eye-opener indeed. Good to know when I get across.
Victor

no one cares

WOW!!!!

We're planning on a trip south next year, and I was thinking Key West
would be far enough!!

perhaps it will be Mexico, Cuba, and / or Panama

too bad, indeed. My budget won't allow those fees?
Please, comments anyone?

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:22:24 +0200, A-MAze
wrote:

Current fees
range from well over $2/ft at most marinas to over $3/ft in Key West
(Gallion Marina). Boat U.S. membership helped only at one, Hawks Cay
on Duck Key. One good news item -- no separate charge for electric or
water at any marina I docked.

Wow! Quite inflated prices. Marinas in Western Europe usually cost
between USD25-40 (20 euros to 25 UKPounds) for a 36 footer. I always
thought services came cheaper in the US.
An eye-opener indeed. Good to know when I get across.
Victor

Florida Keyz

Anchor out, and go in every third or 4th nite, thats what we do.