BoatBanter.com

-   -   Marina Woes (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19814-marina-woes.html)

Seahag May 21st 04 02:42 PM

Marina Woes

Does anyone have an idea how I can research renter's rights for Maryland
marinas?

Seahag

katysails May 21st 04 09:40 PM

Marina Woes

Haggie asked: Does anyone have an idea how I can research renter's rights
for Maryland
marinas?

ohoh...what happened???/

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bob Crantz May 21st 04 11:58 PM

Marina Woes

http://www.sailor.lib.md.us/MD_topics/law/_cod.html

BC

Seahag May 22nd 04 12:11 AM

Marina Woes

"katysails" wrote:
Haggie asked: Does anyone have an idea how I can research renter's rights
for Maryland
marinas?

ohoh...what happened???/

I can't really go into it right now, but we're pretty ****ed off about the
latest in a series of mindless petty irritations...

Seahag

Seahag May 22nd 04 12:14 AM

Marina Woes

"Bob Crantz" wrote:

http://www.sailor.lib.md.us/MD_topics/law/_cod.html

Thanks, I'll dig around in there tomorrow.

Seahag

SAIL LOCO May 22nd 04 01:24 AM

Marina Woes

I can't really go into it right now, but we're pretty ****ed off about the
latest in a series of mindless petty irritations...
Seahag.

If I didn't know better I'd be guessing that you were at White Rocks Marina
on Rock Creek.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Seahag May 22nd 04 03:25 PM

Marina Woes

"SAIL LOCO" wrote:
I can't really go into it right now, but we're pretty ****ed off about

the
latest in a series of mindless petty irritations...
Seahag.

If I didn't know better I'd be guessing that you were at White Rocks

Marina
on Rock Creek.

That's the thing, may as well stick with the jerk we know! I'm so close to
having enough money to fix the rig, I sure don't want to blow it on moving
costs. At least until the van is paid off come January!

Seahag

SAIL LOCO May 22nd 04 04:45 PM

Marina Woes

I know 2 more people who left White Rocks this year. One guy moved his boat
during the winter to an empty safer slip. Didn't think it would matter since
most slips were empty due to boats being pulled. The manager called him and
told him to move it back. He went down the same day and moved it back. A few
days later he got a letter in the mail to get out.

Seahag May 23rd 04 04:32 AM

Marina Woes

"SAIL LOCO" wrote:
I know 2 more people who left White Rocks this year. One guy moved his

boat
during the winter to an empty safer slip. Didn't think it would matter

since
most slips were empty due to boats being pulled. The manager called him

and
told him to move it back. He went down the same day and moved it back. A

few
days later he got a letter in the mail to get out.

That's crazy! Seems like some people just love spreading misery. I don't
think the marinas care about their reputations anymore, there are probably
10 boats waiting for every slip around here.

Seahag

katysails May 23rd 04 02:01 PM

Marina Woes

Haggie observed: I don't
think the marinas care about their reputations anymore, there are probably
10 boats waiting for every slip around here.

That was one of the reasons we switched to a mooring and the yacht club
environment. The marina that we had been at for years became "popular" with
a certain sort of boater, and all of a sudden there was a waiting list.
Along with that came a nonchalance about work performed by the yard. When
confronted about mistakes, or poor quality workmanship, they would laugh it
off and refuse to make good. If they didn't feel like performing some type
of work they would quote an exorbitant figure to make you go elsewhere. And
when sailing is supposed to be your "release" from the rest of the daily
crud, who needs problems there?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse