Scott Vernon

Default STOP the MADNESS

Just look at the POS!
http://www.havencraft.com/Index.asp

A pic is worth a thousand words, in this case all negative.

Scotty

Capt. Mooron

CRIPES!!!!!!!

I tagged the basics and ended up with a cost of over 32 grand for what
amounts to a dangerously under rigged, cheap plastic piece of **** with the
PHRF rating of a margarine container.

You won't get pussy on that boat unless you have a "As when And Where"
contract with a brothel.

I can't see any major difference between the "X" & "M"......

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Just look at the POS!
| http://www.havencraft.com/Index.asp
|
| A pic is worth a thousand words, in this case all negative.
|
| Scotty

Jonathan Ganz

It's blue and butt-ugly.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Just look at the POS!
http://www.havencraft.com/Index.asp

A pic is worth a thousand words, in this case all negative.

Scotty

katysails

gross

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Scott Vernon

smoke & mirrors.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote

I can't see any major difference between the "X" & "M"......

Jim Cate

Capt. Mooron wrote:
CRIPES!!!!!!!

I tagged the basics and ended up with a cost of over 32 grand for what
amounts to a dangerously under rigged, cheap plastic piece of **** with the
PHRF rating of a margarine container.

You won't get pussy on that boat unless you have a "As when And Where"
contract with a brothel.

I can't see any major difference between the "X" & "M"......

CM

There are major differences between the two boats, including an entirely
new hull design, new keel, new sail configuration, different ballast,
etc., etc., etc. These differences have been discussed in detail in the
past few weeks.

Of course, if you are more interested in posting Mac-Bashing notes on
the ng and getting "atta-boys" from your buddies, you probably don't
have much interest in the facts, do you CM?

Jim

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Just look at the POS!
| http://www.havencraft.com/Index.asp
|
| A pic is worth a thousand words, in this case all negative.
|
| Scotty

Jim Cate

Dear Capt Moron,

The cost of a Mac 26M with 50 hp motor is substantially less than 32K
for a fully equipped boat. Nevertheless, however, 32K is a BARGAIN for
a boat of this quality, versatility, capability.

Incidentally, if, as you say, the Mac 26 is only a "cheap plastic piece
of ****" that is "dangerously under rigged," then there must be hundreds
of them that are falling apart every year, right? Since MacGregor has
sold over 30,000 boats, there must be at least 5,000 of them in which
the rigging has come apart in a moderate wind, or in which the boat has
simply self-destructed and sunk. - Right? If it's dangerously under
rigged, the rigging must be coming apart every time they go out in
moderate winds. (Incidentally, Capt, while you are at it, can you
explain to me why the MacGregor boats, with 300 sq ft of sail, need the
same type of standing rigging as boats with 1,500 ft of sail, and a
4,000 - 6,000 lead keel.)

Of the some MacGregor 30,000 boats, how many do you know of that have
failed, or sunk, or fallen apart because of build quality or "cheap
plastic", excluding user error? - 2,000, perhaps? Maybe 1,000?? Surely
you must know of 500, Moron. Ok, if not 500, how about 100? I'm talking
about yearly averages, not anecdotes, by the way.

In other words, can you back up your (libelous) remarks?

Jim

Capt. Mooron wrote:

CRIPES!!!!!!!

I tagged the basics and ended up with a cost of over 32 grand for what
amounts to a dangerously under rigged, cheap plastic piece of **** with the
PHRF rating of a margarine container.

You won't get pussy on that boat unless you have a "As when And Where"
contract with a brothel.

I can't see any major difference between the "X" & "M"......

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Just look at the POS!
| http://www.havencraft.com/Index.asp
|
| A pic is worth a thousand words, in this case all negative.
|
| Scotty

Jim Cate

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

It's blue and butt-ugly.

Johnathan, appearance is in the eye of the beholder (I personally prefer
the white hull), but what qualifies you to make judgments like that? Do
you have training in art, yacht design, color selection and matching?
What education or degrees do you have that relate to aesthetics?

In any event, the appearance of the Mac 26M is sufficiently attractive
that MacGregor can't come close to meeting the demand for the boat.
(And don't try to tell me that the comments of contributors to this ng
"prove" your point. - 95% of the participants on this ng are obviously
biased regarding MacGregor and would put down whatever design they came
up with.)

Jim