Pony Express

Default Any Dinghy Sailors Out There?

"seems" is the key word there. The apollo is
faster.

"Veridican" wrote in message
: Ed,
: Did you mean to say a Hunter 146? I'm not
familiar with the 14.5
:
: Yeah, the 146. It's 14.5 feet long. I don't know
if it's a fast boat or not,
: especially compared to say racing boats of that
size, but it sure seems to haul
: compared to the Apollo 16 footer we once had.
:
: The Veridican
:
:

Veridican

"seems" is the key word there. The apollo is
faster.

How would you know? I know you haven't sailed the 146, because it's a rare boat
being it's so new. And I know you haven't sailed an Apollo 16 ft, because it's
a rare boat being so old. So I know you don't know what you're talking about
(But when has that ever stopped someone from spewing hot air?).

The Veridican
Pony Express

Excuse me?
I have sailed an AMF Apollo. If you thought it
was slow, you probably didn't have it tuned
properly.
I have sailed a Hunter 146. We have been dealing
with JY/Hunter for over a decade and have some
experience almost every boat they produce
(dinghies). Give a call to Cutter Smith at HCT
and ask him how many of his boats we own.
You *seem* to *know* an awful lot about me, but
unfortunately your information *seems* wrong.
PS. Would you like to buy some JY14/Hunter 140's?
We have a fleet we're selling off.

"Veridican" wrote in message
:
: "seems" is the key word there. The apollo is
: faster.
:
: How would you know? I know you haven't sailed
the 146, because it's a rare boat
: being it's so new. And I know you haven't sailed
an Apollo 16 ft, because it's
: a rare boat being so old. So I know you don't
know what you're talking about
: (But when has that ever stopped someone from
spewing hot air?).
:
: The Veridican

katysails

I have a Butterfly as well as Chanteuse...but I just plitz around on it for
play....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Ed said: The 146 is like a big bath tub.

Could be why it won't plane....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Veridican

Actually, now that I think of it: The AMF Apollo was narrower and longer than
the 146, so the difference in speed is probably the result of our increased
sailing abilities. A more narrow and longer boat would naturally be faster,
given the same sail area.

(w-w-w-wait a minute. h-h-h-h-he didn't acknowledge my decade of experience.
H-h-h-e thinks it's all his idea! Acknowledge me! I insist that you acknowledge
me and my experience. I-i-i insist!)

The Veridican
Pony Express

Katy,
You still have your Butterfly? Do you get to sail
it much. Stop by on your way to FL and we can
race them.

"katysails" wrote in
message
: I have a Butterfly as well as Chanteuse...but I
just plitz around on it for
: play....
:
: --
: katysails
: s/v Chanteuse
: Kirie Elite 32
: http://katysails.tripod.com
:
: "Women and cats will do as they please, and
men and dogs should relax
: and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
:
:

katysails

Pony asked: Katy,
You still have your Butterfly? Do you get to sail
it much. Stop by on your way to FL and we can
race them.

Kind of hard to carryon a Butterfly on a plane! I'll be selling it before
we move, since I really don't want to be shark bait...will probably get
something like a JY15 to gunkhole with when we move there...I flip way too
much to be comfortable sailing around carnivorous fish in a scow!

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Veridican

Katy,
You still have your Butterfly?

Yeah, she said she plays on it.

The Veridican
Veridican

JY15 to gunkhole with when we move there...I flip way too
much to be comfortable sailing around carnivorous fish in a scow!

Oh yeah, bull sharks eat people here at least one every 15 minutes. Definitely
can't use a 12 foot boat. You have to have a 15 foot racing boat to be safe
from the sharks.

(Sumpin tells me dis ol lady don't get out on da water much.)