Flying Tadpole

Default Any Dinghy Sailors Out There?

Martin Baxter wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote:

Triton wrote:

I'm gobsmacked. How can one possibly top something like this?
SHould we suggest he bring the plane to the dinghy?

Block, jack or rabbit?

Electric, of course.

--
Ol' Sparky
Brien Alkire

My wife and I like to sail Vanguard V-15's in Santa Monica Bay. We rent
them and try to go out once every week or two. It's a great feeling to be
so close and connected with the sea and wind, I just don't get that same
feeling on a keel boat.

"Veridican" wrote in message
My wife and I sail the hell out of a Hunter 14.5 footer on the Gulf of

Mexico.
We've made some minor modifications, of course.

It goes really fast in good wind, and we can sail it right on the edge of

the
no sail zone (45 degrees off the wind). The boat is named, naturally,
"Veridican."

What about you--what do you sail?

The Veridican

katysails

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Sharks...acksummary.htm

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Walt lamented: Too bad there's not a separate dinghy newsgroup.

SailNet has several....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

DSK

Brien Alkire wrote:

My wife and I like to sail Vanguard V-15's in Santa Monica Bay. We rent
them and try to go out once every week or two. It's a great feeling to be
so close and connected with the sea and wind, I just don't get that same
feeling on a keel boat.

Agreed. Even the high performance keel boats cannot possibly duplicate
the responsiveness of small fast racing dinghy. That's probably why all
the world's best racing skippers earned their stripes in one or another
of the fast centerboard classes before moving into the high-dollar
sailing world.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

"seems" is the key word there. The apollo is
faster.

Veridican wrote:
How would you know? I know you haven't sailed the 146, because it's a rare boat
being it's so new. And I know you haven't sailed an Apollo 16 ft, because it's
a rare boat being so old.

Uh huh. Better get the facts. I'd put money on Pony having sailed both
boats. I have and he gets around more than I do.

... So I know you don't know what you're talking about
(But when has that ever stopped someone from spewing hot air?).

When has a sense of false bravado prevented anyone from listening to the
truth?

DSK

N1EE

Those JY15's are a little tight for me. I like
them. We have 6 in the club. I don't think too
much of the plastic they build them out of.

"Pony Express" wrote

Get a JY 15.

N1EE

At least your family can bury all of you if you die
from a bee sting. Being eaten alive is a horror.

"Jeff Morris" wrote

Actually a significant number of the world wide reported shark attacks are in
Florida. Almost all of the US attacks are in FL.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0128075321.htm

Its still more common to drown, or die from a bee sting.

katysails

Bart stated: At least your family can bury all of you if you die
from a bee sting. Being eaten alive is a horror.

Dying of anaphylaxis is pretty horrendous. Been there twice, fortunately
didn't complete the trip. Being eaten alive would be much worse....you
would hopefully bleed out quickly and lapse into unconsciousness before it
got too bad...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Pony Express

Just how big are you? We have had some pretty big
people in them, both for racing and learn to sail.
What don't you like about the acp? It's perfect
for club boats. No spider webbing or cracking
when boats bump and it stands up to hauling over a
beach far better than glass.
The thing I don't understand is why our
highschoolers don't like the JY's. They want
420's or FJ's because they're 'faster'. Truth is
that the JY is faster than either of them.

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
: Those JY15's are a little tight for me. I like
: them. We have 6 in the club. I don't think too
: much of the plastic they build them out of.
:
: "Pony Express"
wrote
: