Schoonertrash

Default Outoard Recommendations for a Dinghy

My last boat used a Yamaha T-9 as an auxilary and oars or paddles for the
smallish dinghy. New sailboat had a dirsel and a Bombard Typhoon about 11.5
feet long to match. The Yamaha 9.9 has a 25" shaft, not good for dinghy
use. I consider Yamaha four strokes to be the best of the breed, except for
dinghy use the 104 pounds and long shaft doesn't quite do it. The dinghy
will be used prmarily for going to and from shore, sometimes for dive
support or reaching good fishing spots and on occasion for exploring up
rivers and creeks - places the shoal draft twin keeler sailboat won't reach.
Crew is two. Mostly salt water use. I'm thinking a four stroke, short
shaft, about 6HP. Your comments please?

Michael

PVC Dinghy repair William F. Yehle II Cruising 3 July 19th 16 11:16 PM
Stolen Dinghy Makani Cruising 0 June 15th 04 04:26 AM
collapsible dinghy Parallax Boat Building 1 May 9th 04 05:24 PM
Skull Creek Marina complaint Aaron Cruising 8 October 14th 03 08:33 PM
What's the best dinghy for cruising and why? Harvey Porter Cruising 15 August 22nd 03 01:37 AM