BoatBanter.com

-   -   Outoard Recommendations for a Dinghy (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/15674-outoard-recommendations-dinghy.html)

Schoonertrash October 29th 03 01:42 AM

Outoard Recommendations for a Dinghy

My last boat used a Yamaha T-9 as an auxilary and oars or paddles for the
smallish dinghy. New sailboat had a dirsel and a Bombard Typhoon about 11.5
feet long to match. The Yamaha 9.9 has a 25" shaft, not good for dinghy
use. I consider Yamaha four strokes to be the best of the breed, except for
dinghy use the 104 pounds and long shaft doesn't quite do it. The dinghy
will be used prmarily for going to and from shore, sometimes for dive
support or reaching good fishing spots and on occasion for exploring up
rivers and creeks - places the shoal draft twin keeler sailboat won't reach.
Crew is two. Mostly salt water use. I'm thinking a four stroke, short
shaft, about 6HP. Your comments please?

Michael