Scott Vernon

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

If you had a decent boat you wouldn't have to be so paranoid about the
weather.

"Jim Cate" wrote

What about "unexpected weather"???

Most weather is "unexpected" in our area. My point is that I intend to
be very conservative in going out when the weather is questionable, and
to motor back soon when the forecast indicates worsening conditions. I
intend to reef early and substantially, and stay close to shore if the
weather becomes questionable.

Jim Cate

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

You should pay more attention to what people are telling
you. You're the childish asshole, going on and on about a
piece of junk boat and pie-in-the-sky adventures you'll
never take.

ANOTHER non substantive personal attack, Johnathan. Could you possibly
be just a little more specific? Notes like this are so vague
and indefinite that they just tend to raise questions about the
writer. - In other words, if you had anything to say, other than your
usual personal harangue, why didn't you say it?

jim

Jim Cate

Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote

The score of 98 was the score
on an IQ test.

Jim

Nope. my note stated:

"I recently took the ASA basic sailing course again as a review and
scored 98."

Scott Vernon

"Jim Cate" wrote

I'm well prepared to die, thus the Mac M purchase.

Jim

Wally

Jim Cate wrote:

Notes like this are so vague
and indefinite that they just tend to raise questions about the
writer.

Why didn't you answer the question that I put to you a while ago?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Jim Cate

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Actually, I do understand, since you said you have an above average
IQ. Above average = 101. The 98% is meaningless, as an ASA or
other test has NO MEANING. What counts is sailing ability. If I
had been your instructor, I would have told you to pick another
hobby.

Wrong again, Johnny. The ASA course included two days of sailing, in
which our instructor tested us on sailing on all points of sail,
performing man-overboard-recoveries, docking, following the channels,
reading the markers, observing right-of-way rules with respect to other
boats of all kinds, knot tying, etc. While you may say that my score of
98 has no meaning, the test was very comprehensive. The results
indicate that I'm not a total novice, or a dumb-ass as you have
previously stated. If I were a total dumb-ass, I couldn't have aced the
test.

Jim

Jim Cate

Wally wrote:

Jim Cate wrote:

... Or were you hoping to get another answer.

What sort of 'other answer' do you think I was hoping for?

Actually, I didn't say that I thought you were hoping for another
answer.

Then why ask if was hopng for another answer? What were you alluding to?

From my experience on this ng so far, around 98% of those who ask me a
question are doing so hoping that I'll goof, or make a mistake of some
type that they can then use as a "gotcha" for further ridicule or
sarcasm. In this case, I had suspected that you were expecting that I
was blowing smoke, and that I really didn't have any specific,
substantive problems with the Mac 26x.

If I was wrong in this regard, and you really aren't trying to put me
down, please accept my apologies.

Jim

Jim

Wally

Jim Cate wrote:

From my experience on this ng so far, around 98% of those who ask me
a question are doing so hoping that I'll goof, or make a mistake of
some type that they can then use as a "gotcha" for further ridicule or
sarcasm. In this case, I had suspected that you were expecting that I
was blowing smoke, and that I really didn't have any specific,
substantive problems with the Mac 26x.

If I was wrong in this regard, and you really aren't trying to put me
down, please accept my apologies.

Thanks, but that wasn't the question I was referring to.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Roger MacGregor

Default Ignore the aesthetics, can it sail, and...WILL it be sailed?

That was our intention from the git-go. Beginners are afraid of
sailing, yet they want to make claim to the title 'sailor'. The 'X',
and now the new and improved 'M' model are meant to intice the sailor
in you, yet have the look, and therefore the safety of a power boat.
Trust me, it works.

Roger Mac

"John Cairns" wrote in message ...

I have a problem with their looks. While Bolger designs might look ugly and
boxy(not saying they do) they look like sailing vessels. The macs look too
much like powerboats, especially the new ones.
John Cairns