Horvath

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:11:31 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

I don't mean to speak for Scott, but what he's trying to tell you
is that you're stupid.

And when it comes to stupidity, Jon-boy, you're the expert.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Jeff Morris

"John Cairns" wrote in message
Opening the forward hatch in heavy seas is a no-no for the obvious

reasons.

BB

You better explain why this is, I don't think "jim" understands the concept
of waves and where they might end up.

This is one of those lessons that has to be learned the hard way. It seems so
easy to understand that forward hatches must be kept shut, but it only really
sinks in after you see 6 inches of water on top of the bunk you have to sleep in
that night.

Last summer we had serious green water all the way to the dodger for the first
time. Fortunately I anticipated it - we were exiting the Cape Cod Canal on a 5
knot current against a 20 knot breeze - and was able to convince my wife that
*all* hatches must be sealed. We rode up and over the first two big square
waves (about 5-6 footers) but dove through the 8 footer before being squirted
out into Cape Cod Bay. My wife was in the cabin below and freaked when she saw
6 inches of water over her head!

I've wondered how a mac would handle this. With a good hand on the wheel, it
should be able to blast through; but get twisted a bit in the first wave ...

Jonathan Ganz

It sounds like you don't know anything about IQ tests. 101 is "above
average," 98 means nothing, being reasonably satisfied is a euphemism
for not finding an excuse to fire you, it is for sure my opinion, I don't
speak for others, and you do have a problem MacBoy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

When you have an iq as low as he does, I'm not astonished by this.

Interesting. From all the objective tests I've taken, my IQ is above
average. With respect to sailing know-how, I recently took the ASA basic
sailing course again as a review and scored 98. My supervisor and
professional colleagues seem to be reasonably satisfied with my work.
Sounds like it's only in your opinion, and that of a few of your
buddies, that I have a problem, John.

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

Wow. 20 people tell you you'll full of sh*t and you don't
believe them. Well, you've got a lot of undeserved self-esteem.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

That's right Horass! I don't know anyone named PC and
I've never heard of Practial Saior. Is the latter your boyfriend?

John, let someone else explain it to you.

I'm responding to some 20 irate, irrational asa contributors who are
obviously getting more and more stressed out as they realize that they
haven't been able to put me down or drive me away, and probably won't.
For obvious reasons, I sometimes don't have the time to check spelling
and grammar.

Your problem is understandable, John. - A Mac enthusiast still here and
still going strong after all those attacks! Think about it. - You are
being reduced to sputtering and snarling and posting more and more
childish, senseless, non substantive personal attacks and insults. Think
of how this makes you look to readers around the world! Do you have no
self respect whatsoever? (Have you considered getting professional help
John?)

By the way, it should be pointed out that there are others on the ng who
seem to be fairly rational, even human, and from whom I get helpful
information from time to time.

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

So, you admit that you lied?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Where did you state that you were the biggest idiot to
visit this ng since 1997?

In other words, you don't have a substantive response to my note. Is
that what you were trying to say, Johathan?

As sicsussed in detail elsewhere, I am a major enthusiast regarding
Valiant boats, for a number of reasons. They are a great blue water boat.

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

I defer to you on being an expert on stupidity.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote this crap:

I don't mean to speak for Scott, but what he's trying to tell you
is that you're stupid.

And when it comes to stupidity, Jon-boy, you're the expert.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Jonathan Ganz

MacBoy,

Add to the discussion?? How could one possibly have a discussion
with an idiot... at least not for very long.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Actually, you're an idiot MacBoy.

What does that comment add to the discussion, Johnny? It only serves to
remind everyone that you are getting more and more stressed out, less
and less under control, and totally incapable adding anything of
substance to the discussion. You apparently have no self-respect

whatsoever.

Get a grip on yourself, John. (Also, have you thought further about my
suggestion that you could benefit from some professional help?)

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

Sure he does... he's always running away!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"John Cairns" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:48:26 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

26M has provides access to the jib through the hatch located near the
bow, in which you can stand or sit on the V-berth and reach the jib
through the hatch. It gives slightly better footing than trying to walk
forward topside.

Opening the forward hatch in heavy seas is a no-no for the obvious

reasons.

BB

You better explain why this is, I don't think "jim" understands the

concept
of waves and where they might end up.
John Cairns

Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote

I don't mean to speak for Scott, but what he's trying to tell you
is that you're stupid.

And when it comes to stupidity, Jon-boy, you're the expert.

so you are saying he's right.

good boy, horvy.

Navigator

Reads more like a stupid bustard.

Cheers MC

OzOne wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:45:13 -0500, Jim Cate
scribbled thusly:

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

I agree...

But have you sailed a Valiant 40, or any discplacement boat of similar
size, in 30-ft breaking waves Ganz? It does some pretty strange things.
And if it goes over, the 10,000-lb keel quickly pulls the boat to the
bottom of the ocean.

Jim

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahhahaaa!
Who is this turkey?