Jonathan Ganz

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

And, my last post was that IT IS MEANINGLESS since you clearly
know nothing about sailing. Primary evidence... purchasing a Mac,
MacBoy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jim Cate" wrote

The score of 98 was the score
on an IQ test.

Jim

Nope. my note stated:

"I recently took the ASA basic sailing course again as a review and
scored 98."

Jonathan Ganz

Wow. Two WHOLE DAYS! Yes folks, this is some expert!

You didn't ace the test. You missed 2% (assuming we believe
you, which we don't).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Actually, I do understand, since you said you have an above average
IQ. Above average = 101. The 98% is meaningless, as an ASA or
other test has NO MEANING. What counts is sailing ability. If I
had been your instructor, I would have told you to pick another
hobby.

Wrong again, Johnny. The ASA course included two days of sailing, in
which our instructor tested us on sailing on all points of sail,
performing man-overboard-recoveries, docking, following the channels,
reading the markers, observing right-of-way rules with respect to other
boats of all kinds, knot tying, etc. While you may say that my score of
98 has no meaning, the test was very comprehensive. The results
indicate that I'm not a total novice, or a dumb-ass as you have
previously stated. If I were a total dumb-ass, I couldn't have aced the
test.

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

Busted flush?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

This isn't a discussion fool. This is a rout.

If so, why are you still sticking around"

katysails

Default Ignore the aesthetics, can it sail, and...WILL it be sailed?

MacGregor (snort) said:
Trust me, it works.

Yeah...their next boat is a Bayliner....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Scott Vernon

"Jim Cant" wrote

If I were a total dumb-ass, I would buy a Mac26Mx.

Jim

Scott Vernon

Default MacGregor 26M , ugly power boat or ugly sailboat, or neither?

Jimmy, you've got to understand, you're simply the 'flavor of the month'.
Eventually either you , or we or both will tire of kicking you and the POS
Mac26Mx around and move on to another subject/poster. For the time being,
you're the easiest target we have. Plus you're funny. Enjoy it while you
can.

SV, asa NG monitor.

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

This isn't a discussion fool. This is a rout.

If so, why are you still sticking around"

Remco Moedt

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:13:03 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

In our area, the boat could be trailered to the Gulf coast in less than
an hour, or to various ports up and down the coast in two or three
hours. It means the difference between being essentially locked into
one sailing area for most of the year (It can get pretty monotonous) and
being able to go whereever we want to go, in one weekend. Despite your
pontification and sarcasm, the boat does substantially minimize the
"lack of time" factor.

I still don't understand why you didn't buy a motorboat and optionally
also a dinghy. IMO 'getting there' is an huge part of the fun...

Cheers!

Remco

Jonathan Ganz

Because he's dumber than a pigeon.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Remco Moedt" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:13:03 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

In our area, the boat could be trailered to the Gulf coast in less than
an hour, or to various ports up and down the coast in two or three
hours. It means the difference between being essentially locked into
one sailing area for most of the year (It can get pretty monotonous) and
being able to go whereever we want to go, in one weekend. Despite your
pontification and sarcasm, the boat does substantially minimize the
"lack of time" factor.

I still don't understand why you didn't buy a motorboat and optionally
also a dinghy. IMO 'getting there' is an huge part of the fun...

Cheers!

Remco

Donal

"Jim Cate" wrote in message
From my experience on this ng so far, around 98% of those who ask me a
question are doing so hoping that I'll goof, or make a mistake of some
type that they can then use as a "gotcha" for further ridicule or
sarcasm.

Ignore it.

Based on the answers that you gave me, I am sure that you will enjoy the
boat.

The opinions of strangers on Usenet doesn't matter one iota.

You will have great days on your new boat. After all, the greatest pleasure
in life is "being out on the water". The difference between a Mac26 and a
Swan is very small in this respect.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new boat!

Regards

Donal