The_navigator©

Default Crew lost!

Thanks Thom.

MC

Thom Stewart wrote:

Nav,

Sorry to hear of your lost pet. I'm a person who understands the bonding
that take place between a human and an animal. It is something that can
only be felt but never explained.

Sorry friend

Ole Thom

The_navigator©

3 months.

Cheers MC

Lady Pilot wrote:

"The_navigator©" wrote:

My lovely Minxy is gone and I miss her. Her brother has cried for

her

for days but now, but even he has had to accept that she will never

answer.

Sorry about your cat, Nav. You didn't mention how long you had her?

LP (animal lover)

The_navigator©

Thanks Joe

MC

Joe wrote:

The_navigator© wrote in message ...

My lovely Minxy is gone and I miss her. Her brother has cried for her
for days but now, but even he has had to accept that she will never answer.

On reflection I suppose it might have happened in another way: Her love
of the outside combined with avoidence/refusal to wear a harness, a dark
stormy night, wet decks and rogue seas. With no life jackjet on (the
jacket count would show that she was not wearing one) her survival time
in cold water would not be long. It is likely that a jacket would merely
delay the inevitable. In the dark she would not be easily seen -even
from the air.

But back to hard reality, her rapid loss of sight left me with but one
hard decision -I could not bear to see her unable to play or move freely
so I chose a warm quiet end for her -rather that than the cruel unseen
wheels of a car or cold, smothering embrace of the sea.

MC

Sorry to hear of your loss MC.

Terry & I had to put Simone our little dog to sleep after having him
for 20 + years.

Something we should of done for him a few years earlier.

Joe
MSV RedCloud

The_navigator©

Comprehension: 0/10

Cheers MC

Edgar Cove wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that you pushed her overboard in the middle of the night?

Simple Simon

What an asshole! Do they kill people who go blind.

A cat has other senses than their eyes. You should have
allowed her to live in the house where she would know
her whereabouts by sound and smell. Instead you
killed her and deprived her of many years of happiness.

Do you know that time spent dreaming is just as real
to a cat as time awake in the real world with eyes open?
Did you not realize that your cat would not be blind in her
dreams?

After all, a blind cat doesn't even realize she is blind. It's
not like that at all for a cat. The only thing she would have
known is it got really dark during her waking hours and
the sun doesn't seem to come out anymore. She'd have coped.
She'd have spent more time sleeping and dreaming. You'd
only have had to change your life just a little to assist her in
living safely.

Instead you wimped out of your obligations and killed
her. You're despicable. Who gave you the right to play
God?

S.Simon - actually loves his cat and would never kill
him simply because he went blind.

[...]

Donal

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
What an asshole! Do they kill people who go blind.

snip
Instead you wimped out of your obligations and killed
her. You're despicable. Who gave you the right to play
God?

When I was about 11 y/o, I had a blind cat. She seemed happy enough, and
we had her for a few years before she got killed by a car.

Regards

Donal

The_navigator©

There you go shooting off your mouth. You have no idea what was
happening to her -apart from the fact that she was going blind. FYI this
was a 5 month old kitten -and a major factor in both the disease process
and it's outcome. For an older cat, blindness would not be a major
problem. This decision was not taken lightly and was taken with expert
vetenary advice. Believe me, we loved her lots.

MC

Simple Simon wrote:

[...]

The_navigator©

Who lets you play God?