Simple Simon

Default Crew lost!

What an asshole! Do they kill people who go blind.

A cat has other senses than their eyes. You should have
allowed her to live in the house where she would know
her whereabouts by sound and smell. Instead you
killed her and deprived her of many years of happiness.

Do you know that time spent dreaming is just as real
to a cat as time awake in the real world with eyes open?
Did you not realize that your cat would not be blind in her
dreams?

After all, a blind cat doesn't even realize she is blind. It's
not like that at all for a cat. The only thing she would have
known is it got really dark during her waking hours and
the sun doesn't seem to come out anymore. She'd have coped.
She'd have spent more time sleeping and dreaming. You'd
only have had to change your life just a little to assist her in
living safely.

Instead you wimped out of your obligations and killed
her. You're despicable. Who gave you the right to play
God?

S.Simon - actually loves his cat and would never kill
him simply because he went blind.

"The_navigator©" wrote in message ...

My lovely Minxy is gone and I miss her. Her brother has cried for her
for days but now, but even he has had to accept that she will never answer.

On reflection I suppose it might have happened in another way: Her love
of the outside combined with avoidence/refusal to wear a harness, a dark
stormy night, wet decks and rogue seas. With no life jackjet on (the
jacket count would show that she was not wearing one) her survival time
in cold water would not be long. It is likely that a jacket would merely
delay the inevitable. In the dark she would not be easily seen -even
from the air.

But back to hard reality, her rapid loss of sight left me with but one
hard decision -I could not bear to see her unable to play or move freely
so I chose a warm quiet end for her -rather that than the cruel unseen
wheels of a car or cold, smothering embrace of the sea.

MC