Wally

Default Crew lost!

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Bull****. Sometimes that's the most humane option.

What does "humane" mean in this context?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com

Jonathan Ganz

For me, the most humane option when one sees a loved one
suffering is to try and end the suffering of that person or other
being. I can't speak to whether or not this particular blind (or
otherwise afflicted) cat was suffering, but I can speak to not
wanting a loved one to suffer and seeking to end that suffering,
especially when that loved one can no longer do anything but
beg to have an end to it.

"Characterized by kindness, mercy, or compassion: a humane judge."

"Wally" wrote in message
news
Jonathan Ganz wrote:

Bull****. Sometimes that's the most humane option.

What does "humane" mean in this context?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Capt. Mooron

"Wally" wrote in message
news | Jonathan Ganz wrote:

| Bull****. Sometimes that's the most humane option.
|
| What does "humane" mean in this context?

I think it means they'll put you down nice and quiet like with a syringe...
for your own good..... as opposed to the "feline" method of ripping your
body to shreds while maintaining a vise like grip on your throat for their
own good.

A vet here got nailed on cruelty charges.... apparently someone brought in
their cat to be "euthanized' [sic] and as he was getting into his car in the
back parking lot... saw the vet grab his dear ole cat by the tail and swing
it around prior to smashing it's head on the counter... Twice!!

They claimed it was inhumane.... the vet claimed the end results were the
same.

CM

Wally

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
For me, the most humane option when one sees a loved one
suffering is to try and end the suffering of that person or other
being. I can't speak to whether or not this particular blind (or
otherwise afflicted) cat was suffering, but I can speak to not
wanting a loved one to suffer and seeking to end that suffering,
especially when that loved one can no longer do anything but
beg to have an end to it.

If the loved one hasn't expressed a wish to be euthanised, is it still
humane?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Wally

Capt. Mooron wrote:

What does "humane" mean in this context?

I think it means they'll put you down nice and quiet like with a
syringe... for your own good..... as opposed to the "feline" method
of ripping your body to shreds while maintaining a vise like grip on
your throat for their own good.

I was meaning the option to put down or not put down, rather than the method
of putting down.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Scott Vernon

Like when Katy broke her leg?

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
For me, the most humane option when one sees a loved one
suffering is to try and end the suffering of that person or other
being.

Capt. Mooron

"Wally" wrote in message

| I was meaning the option to put down or not put down, rather than the
method
| of putting down.

The option is always there Wally..... the methods vary. Generally it would
mean in this context that the critter was a goner anyway, eventually, so
the choice was made for it. Go gentle into that good night now... or rage
against the dying of the light later.

Humane is an intent.... the reality is the outcome remains the same. If the
cat had learned to talk... it could have decided whether it would rather die
in a battle with an enraged pitbull or gently in it's sleep having it's
tummy rubbed and ear scratched. Then again if it could talk it would have
hired a team of lawyers... sued it's owner, demanded freedom for all cats
and become a burden on society.

Some Asian family is starving because they can't afford to buy a cat or dog
for supper and we're burying $1500 cats. Is there no justice?

CM

Jonathan Ganz

Good question. I'll answer that with another one... what about
the situation where, as you say, the person hasn't specifically
expressed a wish to be euthanised, but is in obvious agony
and can not speak, and of course, there is no reasonable
outlook for recovery or improvement? Moreover, what if
that "person" is an animal that can't express its thoughts, but
is just as obviously in pain most or all of the time?

I am not an advocate of euthanasia per se. I am an advocate
of treating people with respect, especially if they voice their
wishes.

"Wally" wrote in message
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
For me, the most humane option when one sees a loved one
suffering is to try and end the suffering of that person or other
being. I can't speak to whether or not this particular blind (or
otherwise afflicted) cat was suffering, but I can speak to not
wanting a loved one to suffer and seeking to end that suffering,
especially when that loved one can no longer do anything but
beg to have an end to it.

If the loved one hasn't expressed a wish to be euthanised, is it still
humane?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Capt. Mooron

That person would have to be in a coma to not be able to respond or
communicate.

CM