Madam Vinyl

Default Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Madam Vinyl" wrot
No way, I'm too sweet and innocent....

you're only 8?

You take them that young?

Sure, and younger.

Ohhhkay. Now let's clarify all of this for the group, shall we????

she trusts me.

Ahh, but does she trust me? LOL!

doesn't matter, she trusts ME.

Well, I think that is absolutely beautiful.......rare, but beautiful!

Ralph Nesbitt

"Madam Vinyl" wrote in message
. ..

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Madam Vinyl" wrote in message
. ..

No way, I'm too sweet and innocent....

you're only 8?

You take them that young?

I'm stubling into my early 40's, but I still look like I'm in my early
thirties...

sigh, how did you get me to answer *that*?

You wife *is* coming with us, right?

Maybe, maybe not. Does it matter?

Well, wouldn't she want to keep tabs on you? I mean, after all,....

she trusts me.

Ahh, but does she trust me? LOL!

just kiddin'

When"Aroused", which anatomy has the "most conscience", Male or Female?
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Scott Vernon

"Madam Vinyl" wrote in

you're only 8?

You take them that young?

Sure, and younger.

Ohhhkay. Now let's clarify all of this for the group, shall we????

What's to clarify? There's no age limit or minimum to go sailing.

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie

dd730

Default Do you hearDeUrinal..? cuss stomp wail..

Twit
--

Using Virtual Access
http://www.soft-shop.com

Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Flying Tadpole

Default Marina fires

Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
snipped extraneous material

Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

As an on topic aside, did you see/hear/read about the "Marina Fire"

at/near
Orlando, Fl, reported to have destroyed 20+ house boats & cruisers plus
damageing many more.

Very few local FD's are equiped to deal with Marina fires. Several FD's

in
Ga. that have relatively large lakes with a number of Marinas, to say
nothing of Lake Front Homes have gone to useing 20+' bass boats with

pumps
mounted to draft from a center well. These boats are equiped with 2

small
bow mounted monitors capable of delivering 100 gpm each. They are also

are
equiped with 500' of 1.75" hose with a constant flow nozzle. Typical

crew is
3.

Depending on the size of the lake, number of Marinas, & number of lake

side
houses some FD's have as many as 10 of these boats capable of responding
24/7/365.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

I know that most of our local (South Australia) fire services are
not set up at all to handle marina fires. Landbased only, other
than in major ports where there are fireboats, but inevitably
directed toward shipfires, not marinas going up. Most of my local
Murray Lakes marinas present a major hazard and risks increase
all the time. East coast Ozzers might wish to comment regarding
the supposedly more civilised protions of the continent.

I once had a direct professional interest but now only worry
about wellhead fire risks. I suggest if you want to continue,
that you cut the ada and move the whole thread to alt.sailing.asa

Regards
--
Flying Tadpole
-------------------------

Fire risk/suppression has been my life's work, primarily a/c/a/c facilities
related. In later years of my career have spent much time in review
board/incident review/investigation activities of many types of incidents
involving various transportation activities, both commercial & recreational.

Your comment regarding "Well Head Risks" is intriguing.

Lets keep this on alt.sailing.asa & ada as sailing asa is your home group &
ada is mine. That way we can both save time while keeping an eye out for "On
Topic" discussions.

The boats used for "fire suppression" response mentioned are essential "Bass
Fishing Boats" adapted to the purpose. It is becoming common practice to
equip them with "Infrared Cameras" to assist with navigation at night &
times of inclement conditions.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

I have not kept up with Port Adelaide fireboats as I hardly go
there. The current fireboats are not much more than foam-carrying
bass boats (although all tugs are fitted out, of course).
Secondary ports such as Port Pirie relyi on their tugs and on
land-based.

The multitude of small marinas at Goolwa (eg www.marina-hi.com.au
which is mine) rely on either mains- or electirc-powered marina
hosereels (freshwater), with the inevitable dry chemical
hand-helds.

The reference to wellhead fires is simple: how does one assess
and provide for fire risks associated with crude exploration,
handling, transportation in a remote location: answer is
separation, nature of piping, p[rocedures and ultimately--isolate
the well head and let the tanks burn--bring marshmallows.

I must say, in a previous incarnation, I was always glad none of
the RAF or RAAF crashed in our bailiwick--although they trained
us, suppleid the foam and we had (for then) up to date gear, the
thought of having to be inc ontrol on the fireground at a
military aircraft crash gave me nightmares--trying to direct a
half-handful of kids. (the likelihood was that we'd be there a
bit before the airield crew arrived) Hell, I was a kid too at
the time.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Capt. Mooron

"Oz1" wrote in message

| Ohhhhhh, fraternizing with the enemy!

Okay... that just got me lost. Who's the "enemy" ?????????

CM

Donal

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Neal®" wrote in
.com:

Another post from a sucker. Give it up you three dollar bill.

Gay lames!

Bwawhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahwhhahwhah !

Hey, Mooron, I can see why you thought we'd be out of our league in ASA!

Poor Bertie!

Of course you are out of your league. That's why you couldn't stand your
ground without cross-posting to the professional flame groups.

You've demonstrated your own powers by running off the the big boys - yet
again.

You've never managed to win a battle using your own wits, have you?

snort

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

Well it's obvious you are aware... so quit the semantics and start
singin'.... come on... fess up.

CM

"Oz1" wrote in message
| On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:11:10 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
| wrote:
|

| "Oz1" wrote in message
|
| | Ohhhhhh, fraternizing with the enemy!
|

| Okay... that just got me lost. Who's the "enemy" ?????????
|
| CM
|

| You could ask Scooter ...but he seems a little confused of late
|

| Oz1...of the 3 twins.
| I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Capt. Mooron

Did you see his lame plea.... he said he would leave if ASA got rid of
us.... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Wee little bert... a laughable loser at best!!!

I was overestimating his IQ when I suggested it was equivalent to a carrot.

bunmaster bunyapper is a legend in his own mind....

CM

"Donal" wrote in message

| Of course you are out of your league. That's why you couldn't stand your
| ground without cross-posting to the professional flame groups.
|
| You've demonstrated your own powers by running off the the big boys - yet
| again.
|
| You've never managed to win a battle using your own wits, have you?
|
| snort
|
| Regards
|

| Donal

katysails

Okay... that just got me lost. Who's the "enemy" ?????????

Be afraid. They are out there.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse