posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
muzz

Default Essential Kit

Peter Clinch wrote:
muzz wrote:
Yes I'm afraid I will still be going out alone!

The usual advice is the old Chestnut "less than 3 there
shall never be!", but note that the same people that give
you this advice were very happy to support Pete Bray's
solo Atlantic kayak crossing,

I have decided to compromise and paddle along the sore in the firth on my
own. I'll go out and maybe do the short crossing to the Black Isle if it's
dead calm. I'm only going out in the 'real' sea with company.

(if you know anyone
going to Canada you can get MEC's paddle floats for half
of what the equivalent costs here, or make up your own).

Bought most of the gear in Aviemore last week including a float but she
didn't have the pump with a float so I didn't buy one. I'm sure my good wife
will be phoning shortly to order me a rudder !!! so can sort out a pump too.
--
Muzz
my email is muzzmackay 'at' gmail 'dot' com

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

I watched Peter Brey leave on his Trans atlantic adventures; both of
them.
His first failed with a $80,000.oo search involved in finding him.
If you are going to cross the atlantic a life boat may be required.