posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Rob

Default Essential Kit

Tow line, vhf, more experience?

"muzz" wrote in message
With Christmas over and my mind turning more and more to trips outside the
protection of the Cromarty Firth I have began looking at some more kit
that I should purchase. I already have flares, map case, compass, GPS,
paddle leash. After only an hour of paddling in a following 10 knot wind
the other day and spending that hour trying to go straight, I will
definitely be purchasing a rudder for my skegless boat.
I also want to be able to get back into the boat myself so I have paddle
float and pump on my list. First aid and repair kits come to mind and
maybe a spare split paddle. Are there any other items that I really should
be carrying ? Tow line perhaps ?

--
Muzz
http://highlandmist.blogspot.com