posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default Essential Kit

I normally wear a dry suit. I have a couple of wet suits for the nicer
parts of summer.
I normally ( not always ) have a change of cloths. They are the fast
dry stuffable gear with good polypro in there. I slap sneekers or
decent walking shoes in a hatch if there is any possibility of a hike.
Booties are useless if you have to haul a boat out 2 KM over ea rough
trail. I have had to do that once.
Oh, Hi Rick. Just realized who this is: And where you are.
Muzz is in Scotland and they get the Gulf Stream. Sub zero waters is
rare there and the snow we had " that was not forecast " Boxing Day
would have crippled the UK.
Muzz ; Rick is about 30 KM from me . Rick builds some great boats.
We get Ice bergs here, they would mess up the Clyde.
Water temp in Scotland and the greater UK is much more hospitable than
here. The UK has less coast line and more rescue facilities than we
could ever hope for.
The environment is a little different.
Alex