Default Best Resolution for posting pictures

Dear all,

I think I've posted this question before (a long time ago) and others have
posted it since, but I'd like to have your opinion on the best resolution
to post pictures in this group....

I normally post in 800*600 pixels, but with the ever increasing LCD sizes
in use, I wonder if a slighhtly higer (1024*768) might be better, or even
higher still?

As I automatically resize my pictures before posting, I don't mind to
adjust the settings. Let me know what you think and I'll adjust my program.

best regards,

Jeroen

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
. 133...
Dear all,

I think I've posted this question before (a long time ago) and others have
posted it since, but I'd like to have your opinion on the best resolution
to post pictures in this group....

I normally post in 800*600 pixels, but with the ever increasing LCD sizes
in use, I wonder if a slighhtly higer (1024*768) might be better, or even
higher still?

For me is 1024*768 standard.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
. 133...
Dear all,

I think I've posted this question before (a long time ago) and others have
posted it since, but I'd like to have your opinion on the best resolution
to post pictures in this group....

I normally post in 800*600 pixels, but with the ever increasing LCD sizes
in use, I wonder if a slighhtly higer (1024*768) might be better, or even
higher still?

As I automatically resize my pictures before posting, I don't mind to
adjust the settings. Let me know what you think and I'll adjust my
program.

best regards,

Jeroen

I mostly convert to 1200 or 1220 pix wide. And compress the file
The picture attach is 1220 pix wide and compress to 90,4Kb
Manny screens have now a resolution of 1280 wide so 1200 or 1220 will fit
nicely

Greets,
Willem

Attached Thumbnails
Best Resolution for posting pictures-dsc00402.jpg

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:08:41 +0200, "Willem Van der Voort"
wrote:

[...]

My irfanview is set to show all the picture within my monitor, however
when I view it at original size it fills the horizontal and a bit
extra vertically. Not a problem as it shows the entire ship water to
top of masts. Just a small bit of right scrolling shows the water at
the bottom.
That is a good size and if all posts were that size I would probably
want to see some larger sizes at times.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:01:26 -0400, joevan
wrote:

My irfanview is set to show all the picture within my monitor, however
when I view it at original size it fills the horizontal and a bit
extra vertically. Not a problem as it shows the entire ship water to
top of masts. Just a small bit of right scrolling shows the water at
the bottom.
That is a good size and if all posts were that size I would probably
want to see some larger sizes at times.

If you set the 'view' on Irfanview to 'Fit only large images to
window' you wont have to scroll at all and will see the picture at the
resolution the poster intended.
There has been a great deal of discussion over at Alt binaries photos
original about posting sizes and the retention on most servers will
let some look back at these ideas.

If anyone wants a precis of the recommendations I am happy to post it
here.

'Tall-ships' is a great group.

Cheers

Barney in New Zealand

wrote:

[...]

I thought I said just that at first. That in any event is just how I
set it. My irfanview is set to show all the picture within my
monitor, worded incorrectly I suppose, but means the same.

Sj wrote:

And ACDSee can be set the same way

Sj

that's what I use (and love!).

my screen is set 1280 x 1024

Sj wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:50:43 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Sj wrote:
And ACDSee can be set the same way

Sj

that's what I use (and love!).

my screen is set 1280 x 1024

Hey, I'm w/ you, man! If I want bigger, I'll move
to my TV set

Seriously, I do like that setting for my scans ...

Sj

My personal TV is an old first generation Philips LCD
flat panel. Resolution on that thing is 640 x 480.

"Sj" schreef in bericht

I thought I said just that at first. That in any event is just how I
set it. My irfanview is set to show all the picture within my
monitor, worded incorrectly I suppose, but means the same.

And ACDSee can be set the same way

Yep;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

[IMG] code is On

A resolution Eisboch General 19 November 7th 08 06:51 PM
Trailer Brake Resolution Bryan General 0 July 13th 07 02:16 AM
Boat Shoe Resolution [email protected] General 1 January 9th 06 06:44 PM
Resolution - Sign On Please JimH General 15 March 5th 05 05:57 PM
What do you think about this New Years resolution. Simple Simon ASA 20 January 4th 04 10:30 AM