Barney in NZ Barney in NZ is offline

Default Best Resolution for posting pictures

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:01:26 -0400, joevan
wrote:

My irfanview is set to show all the picture within my monitor, however
when I view it at original size it fills the horizontal and a bit
extra vertically. Not a problem as it shows the entire ship water to
top of masts. Just a small bit of right scrolling shows the water at
the bottom.
That is a good size and if all posts were that size I would probably
want to see some larger sizes at times.

If you set the 'view' on Irfanview to 'Fit only large images to
window' you wont have to scroll at all and will see the picture at the
resolution the poster intended.
There has been a great deal of discussion over at Alt binaries photos
original about posting sizes and the retention on most servers will
let some look back at these ideas.

If anyone wants a precis of the recommendations I am happy to post it
here.

'Tall-ships' is a great group.

Cheers

Barney in New Zealand